THE wet start to the school holidays didn't stop Hayley and Lauren Kluver making the most of their day.
Grandmother Jo Aldous took the young girls to the Rockhampton Art Gallery to get creative in the kids corner with a new art activity that will be running throughout the school holidays.
"It's a great opportunity for the kids, especially considering the weather," Ms Aldous said.
"They love art, so it's been a good way to spend the morning."
The activity allows the children to create collages, inspired by the vibrant and imaginative landscapes of Gold Award artist Kate Shaw.
The art activity will run from 10am-4pm daily.
Unfortunately, the wet weather has resulted in the cancellation of the school holiday activities at the Heritage Village, but these will recommence once the weather improves.
June/July school holiday activities
- Today: Peter Rabbit 110th birthday - make a pom-pom mini mouse at North Rockhampton Library, 10-11am.
- From today to Thursday: Heritage Village activities including milking cow and feeding animals, 10am-noon.
- Tomorrow: Peter Rabbit 110th birthday - Storytime at Yeppoon Library, 10-11am.
- Tomorrow: Peter Rabbit 110th birthday - make a spinner at Rockhampton Regional Library, 10-11am.
- Tomorrow and Thursday: Capricornia Potters Group school holiday kids' pottery classes. Walter Reid Cultural Centre, $20 per child. Phone Gail Black on 4928 4985, 10am-noon.
- Thursday: Weave a bookmark at North Rockhampton Library, 10-11am.
- Friday: Mount Morgan Rail Museum. Craft activities, trolley rides, 3D movie and morning tea, 10am-noon.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.