10.20am SUNDAY: The latest information from the Department of Main Roads indicates the following roads are now closed:
· Apis Creek Rd at the Mackenzie River, Duaringa
· Goovigen Connection Rd at Goovigen
· Prospect Creek Goovigen Rd at Goovigen
· Rolfe Creek May Downs Rd at May Downs
· Middlemount Rd at Middlemount Rd
· Lotus Creek Rd at Lotus Creek
· Baralaba Woorabinda Road at Alberta
· Barwon Middlemount Rd at Mackenzie River
· McKenzie River Capella Rd at Mackenzie River
· Mount Stuart Bedford Weir Rd at Mackenzie River
· Grasstree Rd at Mackenzie River
· Marion Eton Rd at Marian
· Jambin Dakenbah Rd at Biloela
· Jambin Goovigen Rd at Argoon
· McCarthy's Rd at Argoon
· Callide Rd at Argoon
· Argoon Rd at Argoon
· Bongers Lane at Argoon
· Clermont Rd at Alpha
· Barcaldine Aramac Rd at Aramac
· Baralaba Woorabinda Rd at Baralaba
· Moura Baralaba Rd at Baralaba
· Diamantina Development Rd at Bedourie
· Wills St at Boulia
· Cedarvale Rd at Boyne Valley
· Robinson Creek Rd at Broadmere
· Hodgetts Rd at Callide
· Gregory Developmental Rd at Clermont
· Huntley Rd at Clermont
· Clermont Alpha Rd at Clermont
· Dingo Mount Flora Rd at Dingo
· Dysart Clermont Rd at Dysart
· Carfax Rd at Dysart
· Rolfe Creek Booroondarra Rd at Dysart
· Golden Mile Rd at Dysart
· Thangool Lookerbie Rd at Thangool
· Drumburle Rd at Thangool
· Eichmanns Rd at Thangool
· Hintons Lane at Thangool
· McLaughlins Rd at Thangool
· Parkers Lane at Thangool
The following roads are open with caution:
· Ridgelands Rd at Ridgelands
· Blackwater Rolleston Rd at Rolleston
· Aramac Muttaburra Rd at Aramac
· Bruce Highway at Bajool
· Landsborough Hwy at Barcaldine
· Bruce Hwy at Benaraby
· Dawson Hwy at Kroombit Creek, Biloela
· Burnett Hwy at Washpool Gully, Biloela
· Marlborough Sarina Rd at Blue Mountain
· Clermont Connection Rd at Clermont
· Peak Downs Hwy at Clermont
· Peak Downs Hwy at Coppabella
· Dysart Middlemount Rd at Dysart
· Saraji Rd at Dysart
· Capricorn Hwy at Emerald
· May Downs Rd at May Downs
· Strathfield Rd at Nebo
· Burnett Hwy at Thangool
1.40pm SATURDAY: The Dawson Highway from Biloela to Banana will be closed today at 2pm, according to the Banana Shire Disaster Management Facebook page.
12.30pm: A NUMBER of roads in Central Queensland are closed due to flood waters and a few have reopened, according the latest information from the Department of Main Roads.
Please be advised that the following roads are closed to all vehicles:
• Fitzroy Developmental Road (Dingo-Middlemount) at Duckworth Creek (10km north of Dingo), Alkira Creek (50km north of Dingo) and Parker Creek (58km north of Dingo).
• Duaringa-Apis Creek Road at Mackenzie River.
• Baralaba-Woorabinda Road at Dawson River anabranch.
The following roads are now open with caution:
• Dawson Highway (Biloela-Banana) at Grevillia and Kroombit Creeks (4km west of Biloela).
• Burnett Highway (Biloela-Dululu) - soft shoulders.
• Blackwater-Rolleston Road.
• Capricorn Highway east of Emerald at Black Gully (5km east of Emerald), Winton Creek (10km east of Emerald) and Corkscrew Creek (20km east of Emerald) due to water over road.
• Burnett Highway south of Thangool.
• Rockhampton-Ridgelands Road
• Fitzroy Developmental Road (Bauhina-Woorabinda) due to slippery conditions on unsealed road.
The following roads are open to 4WD vehicles only:
• Dawson Developmental Road (Springsure-Tambo) at Claude River
For the latest on road conditions visit www.131940.qld.gov.au or phone 13 19 40.
11.30am: LIVINGSTONE Shire Council have issued a list of roads motorists need to be aware of water issues with after the recent rain.
The Apis Creek Rd at Marlborough is closed in the Central Highlands Regional Council area at McKenzie River.
There is water over the road at the first crossing from the Rockhampton-Yeppoon Rd on the Artillery Rd at Ironpot.
The other roads motorists need to be cautious of due to water over the road include:
- Barmaryee Rd at the gravel section near Neils Rd
- Greenlake Rd, Rockyview, near Millers Rd
- Neils Rd, Barmaryee, near 341 Neils Rd
- and Racecourse Rd, Barmaryee
8.10am: THE Bruce Highway was closed and then reopened hours later during the night due to water over the road.
The latest reports, according to Twitter, is that cars are now aquaplaning between Marlborough and Rockhampton.
The highway was closed about 1am due to water over the road in several locations between Marlborough and Rockhampton and reopened about 4am.
CLOSED Banana Shire (Local Controlled) Roads
• Bears Lagoon Road - Moura (Warnoah)
• Parkers Lane, at 9 Mile Creek, Thangool
• Russell's Lane, Thangool
• McLaughlin's Road (joining Russell's Lane), Thangool
• Bongers Lane, Jambin
• McCanns Road, Jambin
• Kianga River Road, Dawson River at Paranui, Moura
• Mullers Lane, Biloela
• Mullers Road, at Kroombit Creek, Thangool
• Hodgetts Road, Biloela
• Argoon Highway, at Callide Creek, Biloela
• Callide Highway, at Callide Creek, Biloela
• Hintons Lane, Thangool
• Coreen Water Board Road, Biloela
• Tarana Crossing Road, at Dawson River, Taroom
• Injune Road, at Baroondah Crossing, Dawson River, Taroom
• Eichmann's Road, Thangool
• Meissners Road, at various locations Biloela
• Drumburle Road, Thangool
• Moura Baralaba Road, at Banana Creek, Baralaba
• Prospect Creek Goovigen Road, Goovigen
• Jambin Dakenbah Road, at Callide Creek (Meat Works), Biloela
• Jambin Dakenbah Road, at various locations, Biloela
• Jambin Goovigen Road, at Callide Creek, Jambin
• Goovigen Connection Road, at T Holes, Goovigen
• Linkes Road, at Callide Creek, Biloela
• Callide Creek Crossing, at Callide Creek, Biloela
• Baralaba-Duaringa Road (River Road), at the Anabranch
CAUTION - Banana Shire (Local Controlled) Roads
• Banana Baralaba Road, Banana
• Thangool - Lookerbie Road at Grevillea Creek, Mt Scoria, and next to race course - Thangool
• Tollemaches Road, Thangool -water over road to Dmitrieffs Road
• Valentine Plains Road, at various locations, Biloela
• Cox Millard Road, Thangool
• Saras Lane, Biloela
• Robinson Creek Road, at Robinson Creek, Taroom
• Hornet Bank Road, at Eurombah Creek Crossing, Taroom
CLOSED - Banana Shire (State Controlled) Roads
• Baralaba-Woorabinda Road, at the Anabranch
CAUTION - Banana Shire (State Controlled) Roads - CAUTION
• Dawson Highway, at Kroombit Creek (Biloela-Banana) -drive with Extreme Caution
• Burnett Highway, at Washpool Gully (Biloela-Dululu) - drive with Extreme Caution - water over the road at various locations through to Dululu
• Dawson Highway between Moura & Bauhinia Downs - various locations
• Roma Taroom Road, at Canel Creek, South of Taroom
• Burnett Highway, intersection with Tollemaches Road, Thangool
PLEASE NOTE - The above roads have been confirmed at the time of distribution, however not all roads can be assessed due to accessibility issues. If you have any additional information relevant to road restrictions or closures, please email email@example.com.
The next update will be posted at 8.00am or when relevant information is available
EARLIER: THE BUREAU of Meteorology has issued a severe weather warning for heavy rainfall for people in the Central Coast and Whistundays, Capricornia, and parts of the Central Highland and Coalfields Forecast Districts.
The alert, issued just before 3pm, warned an extremely moist tropical air mass lies ahead of a strong surface trough, which is currently located near Fraser Island.
The trough is expected to move slowly northwards into the warning area during Friday where it is likely to produce areas of heavy rain and thunderstorms.
Heavy rain, which may lead to flash flooding, is expected to develop across parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields and Capricornia districts on Friday.
Local six-hour rainfall accumulations of 100mm to 140mm are possible about the coast and nearby ranges, and 60mm to 100mm over inland parts of the warning area.
A separate Flood Watch is current for parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, and Central Coast and Whitsundays districts.
Locations which may be affected include Gladstone, Emerald, Rockhampton, Clermont, Mackay, Biloela, Blackwater, Yeppoon, Moranbah, Marlborough, St Lawrence and Sarina.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 8:55 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
1am: The Department of Transport and Main Roads at 12.52am advises the Bruce Highway is closed to all traffic between Rockhampton and Marlborough due to water over the road at multiple locations in the Marlborough area.
Marlborough has recorded 180mm of rain since Wednesday with 98mm falling since 9am Thursday.
A severe weather warning for Friday remains current for the Central Coast and Whitsundays, Capricornia and parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast Districts.
Widespread flash flooding has occurred in the last 24 hours.
Numerous road closures are in place in the Central Highlands region due to flooding over roads.
4am: The Department of Transport and Main Roads advises the Bruce Highway has reopened to traffic between Rockhampton and Marlborough.
Read more on the latest road conditions at the 131940 website
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.