TAMARA Frankel and Katrina Watson might have lost everything they owned in a house fire, but they haven't lost their faith in humanity.
After fire burnt everything in their rental home in Denison St on Sunday, the girls spoke with The Morning Bulletin on Wednesday seeking assistance for accommodation and household items.
Following the story being published in the Bully yesterday, their phone was ringing constantly with offers of help from strangers.
"Realising people are trying to help is picking us up," Katrina said.
While they had received offers of some clothing and electrical items, the girls were still desperately in need of accommodation.
They were grateful for some assistance from St Vincent de Paul, which included linen, items for Tamara's two children, aged 2 and 7, and vouchers for food, and so Tamara could get fresh bandages for her burn injuries.
They had been given donations of clothing and those that didn't fit the girls were hoping to pass on to the family that were also victims of a different house fire in Rockhampton that day.
If you are able to help out please call Katrina on 0487 230 392.
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.