FIRST she captured the attention of judges when she went on to represent Australia in the Miss Universe pageant in 2007.
Then she captured the attention of Queensland cricketer Chris Simpson before marrying him in March this year.
Next former CQ beauty, now Channel 7 television presenter Kimberley Busteed is set to capture the attention of the UK, with plans to relocate overseas.
The newlyweds leave our shores in just five weeks, heading to the UK while Chris studies at the London Business School.
"I have always wanted to live overseas," Kimberley said.
Quitting her job wasn't an easy decision for 25-year-old Kimberley who admitted she had grown up with the Channel 7 crew and considered them family.
"I'm leaving the dream job."
Kimberley will have one last visit to CQ before her departure, attending her grandmother Daphne's 90th birthday.
Then when she starts her new adventure Kimberley plans to make the most of it, with ideas of learning Spanish, exploring Europe and trying to get TV work.
"Let's just see what happens and I'll roll with it."
New York will hopefully be another overseas destination, once Chris completes his studies, but then Kimberley said they will definitely be returning to the Sunshine State to live.
"I want to raise our children in Queensland."
- How to handle changes in your life.
- Start with deciding what you want to be or do.
- Work out how you can get there.
- Set yourself goals. Short term goals should be daily, then set bigger goals in three months, six months, or 12 months.
- Start small. Little steps will still get you to your destination.
- Make one change at a time.
- Reward yourself for your achievements.