Skull and other bones sent away to Brisbane
A SKULL, including teeth, and smaller human bones were among the remains found on Wednesday afternoon.
The bones have been sent away to Brisbane for testing.
Detectives could find out as early as tomorrow or Sunday whether the bones belonged to a man or a woman.
Farmer finds bones on property
A FARMER has told The Morning Bulletin he found human bones in the south Rockhampton rural area of Bowlin Rd, at Port Curtis.
The bones are being sent away for forensic testing.
The bones were found near where investigators last week discovered "significant items" relating to missing Rockhampton pair Robert Martinez and Chantal Barnett.
The sex and identity of the bones are yet to be identified.
Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow this morning confirmed bones belonging to one person only had been found.
Investigators have quarantined a large area of Bowlin Rd.
The farmer, who manages the property, told The Morning Bulletin he couldn't return to work until the police had finished their investigations.
Police find human remains in Rockhampton
POLICE cannot tell if human remains found on a Rockhampton property near the Fitzroy River are those of a man or a woman.
The grisly find was made by police on Wednesday.
Forensic officers are on the Bowlin Rd scene, conducting an examination of the body.
Police are expected to hold a press conference at the Rockhampton Police Station at 9am.
If you have information that could be useful to police, contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
What's online today:
- Coroner to probe Warrego hit and run death
- Plainland man dies in semi-trailer crash
- Tattooist offers new nipples for breast cancer survivors
- Thug only confessed when cops told him victim was a girl
- Hoon busted after posting burnout pics to Facebook
- Speed king gets 10 years jail
- Clive Palmer's wife Anna fails to win PUP preselection
- Dads stay home as partners build careers
- Tradies hammered by tool thefts
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.