THE Queensland Opposition is still attacking the Liberal National Party State Government's mine water release plan.
The State Government on Thursday released more details about plans for water quality of the Fitzroy River.
Shadow Environment Minister Jackie Trad says the plans open the floodgates for the 36 other mines in Queensland wanting to release dirty mine water from the floods.
"After days of questioning by the people of Rockhampton and the Labor Opposition, Mr Seeney admitted he plan's a 'pilot' release of dirty mine water from four mines in the upper Isaac River this summer, regardless of the level of rainfall," Ms Trad said.
"The reckless Deputy Premier will release this dirty mine water without any guarantees about what impacts the release will have on the Fitzroy Basin water catchment, the local environment, the Great Barrier Reef, biodiversity and the health of our agricultural economy," she said.
Ms Trad said Mr Seeney introduced legislation last Parliament sitting to make it even easier to dump dirty mine water and allowed only four working days for public consultation.
"Mr Seeney is also talking up the introduction of a complicated pollution trading scheme, which the public has only one more day, tomorrow, to provide feedback on," she said.
Member for Rockhampton Bill Byrne said the legislation introduced into Parliament last week, which makes it even easier for the release of dirty mine water, was further evidence of the LNP Government not talking to the public about the decisions affecting the community.
"It is obvious the LNP Government planned to release this dirty mine water all along and now they are using their massive majority in Parliament to do it with no consultation," Mr Byrne said.
"The LNP Government has completely ignored the people of Rockhampton in this decision making process.
"The people of Rockhampton are still very concerned about what effects the release of this dirty water will have on the supply of our drinking water."