A RARE bible from the 1800s has made its way into Rockhampton's Fair Dinkum Tender Centre.
The 1883 Douay and Rheims Holy Bible was dropped off at the store on Saturday.
Owner Chriss Lenz said an elderly man brought in the historic item, which had been passed down through the generations.
She said he told her he was packing to move when he found the forgotten treasure.
The edition's gold trimmed pages include drawings and maps, as well as a comprehensive dictionary, notes and the history of the books of the Holy Catholic Bible.
The bible has a $500 price tag.
However, a similar bible in perfect condition is fetching nearly $5000 on eBay.
Chriss said it was the oldest object they had ever had in the store.
The tender store is closed but will open again on January 13.
"THE FRANCIS EFFECT"
Pope Francis's humble nature has endeared him to the world and created "the Francis effect", drawing many people to the Catholic church.
Here's five reasons why The Morning Bulletin believes he's one of the coolest, most inspirational people in the world.
1. Archbishop Konrad Krajewski has intimated the Pope joins him on nightly visits to the homeless and poor in Rome.
2. He drives himself around in a secondhand 29-year-old Renault, rather than the bulletproof Popemobile.
3. He has proven he doesn't judge people, going so far as to hug a severely disfigured man, wash the feet of prisoners, women and Muslims, and give personal hugs to 100 wheelchair-bound visitors to Rome.
4. He refuses to live in the Apostolic Palace.
5. He has also worked as a bouncer, cleaner, lab technician and literature teacher.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.