FIRE officers are working to disperse gas after a natural gas line was ruptured on Lions Creek Road.
The Queensland Rural Fire Service says a piece of heavy machinery accidentally dug up the line about 9.40am.
A spokesman says two brigades are on scene near Jardine Park at Wandal, dispersing the gas with a water spray.
- Truss to consider Coast to Bundaberg highway
- Bulldogs ready to bite after visitors spoil weekend fundraiser
- Missing surfers family still full of hope
- Death cafes at Mullum and Byron markets
- Rainbow swim club for disabled possible in Byron Bay
- Lois Randall appointed to NSW Film and TV Industry Advisory Committee