Terms and Conditions: The Morning Bulletin – Treasure Hunt
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of Entry: Contestants must collect the treasure Hunt double page published inside the Morning Bulletin from Monday October 5, 2015.
- Contestants must then visit each of the 16 participating businesses to collect a ‘letter’ to form a word around the outside of the treasure Map, 1 letter per day per business; then complete the entry form.
- Treasure Maps, entries, letters must all be original.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Contestants must complete the original entry form in full.
Contestants must complete the map with the letters and the entry form, then place them in an envelope marked The Morning Bulletin – Treasure Hunt, then on the back clearly mark your full name and address; then:
- Send to: PO Box 397, Rockhampton Qld 4700; or
- Deliver to: 220 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton, Qld, 4700.
- Contestants may submit more than one (1) entry.
- One (1) original Map with letters and one (1) entry form per standard envelope will be accepted as a valid entry.
The participating businesses are:
- Wendy’s East Street
- Shoes on East
- Jet Dry Cleaners
- Finlayson & McKenzie
- Kalka Bait and Tackle
- Lakes Creek Hotel
- Southside Discount Drug Store
- Elijah & Edwards
- Flossie’s Maternity Wear
- Cranston’s Pies
- Tuckers Cycle Inn
- Michel’s Patisserie
- Jack’s Country Cuts
- Chemist Warehouse.
- One (1) major prize of a Treasure Chest comprising vouchers, products or merchandise from the participating stores shown, including a Kingfisher Bay Holiday with 2 nights for 2 adults in an Ocean View Resort Room with 2 adult return passenger ferry transfers.
- The Kingfisher Bay Holiday expires on March 31, 2016. Please visit Kingfisher Bay Resort website for terms and conditions.
Total maximum retail value of this prize is $1,212.00 (inclusive of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 6:00am (AEST) Monday October 5, 2015 and closes at 5:00pm (AEST) on Monday November 9, 2015. Entries received after the closing date/time will be deemed as invalid entries and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to be eligible to enter this competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) employees of, or owners to, the registered participating businesses so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(iii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
(iv) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner will be selected by random draw at The Morning Bulletin at 10:00am (AEST) on Tuesday November 10, 2015, at 220 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton, Qld 4700.
Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner must produce Government issued photo ID as required. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for:
- tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
- Tampering with the entry process; or
- If the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
Promoter: Capricornia Newsapers Pty Ltd ACN: 009 658 048