Conditions of entry: APN Australian Regional Media’s ‘Win the Ultimate Sports Holiday’
1. Method of entry: Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
(a) Major Prize: To enter for the 4 major prizes, contestants must collect from any the following newspapers: Daily Mercury, The Morning Bulletin, The Observer, News-Mail, Fraser Coast Chronicle, The Gympie Times, Sunshine Coast Daily, The Queensland Times, The Chronicle, Warwick Daily News, Daily News, The Northern Star, The Daily Examiner or The Coffs Coast Advocate (the Newspapers):
(a) ‘Win the Ultimate Sports Holiday’ tokens will appear in the Newspapers between 11 June and 8 July 19 2011
(b) an entry form will be published in the Newspapers during the period between 11 June and 8 July 2011(inclusive).
Contestants must nominate which prize they wish to enter via tick box options which appear on the entry form as well as on the entry submission envelope under the postal address. Entries must be addressed as follows ‘Ultimate Sports Holiday – “2011 Telstra NRL Grand Final” or 2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup” or 2012 Hopman Cup and forwarded to PO Box 80 Kelvin Grove DC QLD
One entry form and 4 tokens will form one valid entry into the nominated draw. Each Ultimate Sports Holiday will be drawn separately and therefore to be eligible for each draw, contestants must submit a completed entry form along with 4 tokens for each Ultimate Sports Holiday.
All entry forms and tokens must be original newsprint, no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted.
(b) To enter for the Minor Bonus Prize contestants must visit the website of any of the above 14 Newspapers (Websites) and fill out the online entry form to go into the draw. All entries completed and submitted during the Promotion Period with a valid email address will go into the draw. Online entries are limited to one per day for each Website.
Contestants may submit more than one entry during the Promotion Period but any Contestant may only win one of the Minor Prizes. Any form of automated electronic entry that does not meet the entry requirements will be deemed invalid and not counted as a valid entry. All entry times are considered to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s database.
2. Eligibility limitations: Contestants must be aged 18 years or older to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
I. Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter;
II. The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), (whether or not they live in the same household);
III. Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
3. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
(a) Major Prize: There are 4 sports holidays packages to be won.
2011 Telstra NRL Grand Final –valued at $3080 (inc GST)
- Three night’s accommodation at Four Points by Sheraton
- Exclusive Matilda Catamarans Sydney Harbour return cruise
- Return coach transfers between Homebush Wharf and ANZ Stadium
- NRL Grand Final Category 1 tickets C
2011 Emirates Melbourne Cup – valued at $5020 (inc GST)
- Three night’s accommodation at Crown Towers Hotel, Melbourne
- Entry to the exclusive Melbourne Cup Carnival Gala Breakfast
- Tickets to the Melbourne Cup
- Access to the Makybe Diva Marquee including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
2012 Hopman Cup – valued at $3590 (inc GST)
- Three night’s accommodation at InterContinental Resort Burswood
- Three day Hoffman Cup A Reserve Final Series ticket
Total value of major prizes to be won is $11,690.
(b) Minor prize: There are a total of 10 x $100 Amart All Sports gift vouchers. Total value of all minor prizes is $1,000. There are 10 $100 Amart All Sports gift vouchers to be won across all 14 Newspaper Websites not per website.
The $100 Amart All Sports gift vouchers are only available through the Websites. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of that winner, and the winner authorises the deduction of any such taxes from the prize to the extent required by law. Prizes are non-transferable. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Competition duration: The competition commences 11 June 2011 and finishes 8 July 2011 (Promotion Period). Deadline for entry for the Major Prize draw is Wednesday 13 July 2011 at 10am. Deadline for entry for the Minor Prize draw is Wednesday 13 July April 2011 at 12 midnight. Entries received after the applicable closure time will not be eligible.
5. Draw and notification: The winning contestants of the Major and Minor Prizes will be selected by random draw at 3/33 Park Road, Milton, QLD on Wednesday 20 July 2011 at 10:30am. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners’ names will be published in the public notices section of each Newspaper on Friday 22 July 2011 and online prize winners will be posted on the participating website on Friday 15 July.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: The Major Prizes must be claimed by the winner in person at the office of the relevant Newspaper unless otherwise agreed with the Promoter.
Minor Prizes must be claimed by the winner in person at the office of the relevant Newspaper unless otherwise agreed with the Promoter.
Upon request by the Promoter each winner must provide photo identification and a copy of these terms and conditions and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by the winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. If the prize remains unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner, it will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw at the same place at 10am on 12 October 2011.
7. Suspension or Modification: If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned including (but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, we are entitled in our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. Subject to any direction from a regulatory authority.
8. Misconduct by Contestants: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
9. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods offered as prizes, and the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained to personal property, including but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss, by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoters or their servants or agents, in connection with the Competition.
10. Entries and privacy:
The Promoter collects your personal information to include you in this competition and will disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, PO Box 8060, Maroochydore D.C. QLD 4558.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd ACN 009 657 943
NSW Permit No: LTPS-11-04416