TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Morning Bulletin/Capricorn Coast Mirror – Capricornia Business Awards 2016
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents with an ABN registered business.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and older to be eligible to enter.
- Nominated contestants should be aware that the Promoter will be sharing their personal and business information with the judging panel for the purposes of judging the competition only. Information will be used for this purpose as well as marketing, advertising and ticket sales.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Capricornia Newspapers Pty Ltd, 220 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton Qld 4700, ABN 48 009 658 048. Telephone: 07 4930 4201.
- Business owners: To nominate their business, business owners fill out an application form online at www.capricorniabusinessawards2016.com.au and answer the questions about their business in relation to specific categories as required. Nominations online open August 19, 2016.
- Readers/Public: may nominate a business as part of People’s Choice, however any reader/member of the public can only nominate once. Nominations can be lodged on-line at www.capricorniabusinessawards.com.au. Readers who do not have access to the Internet should see the Front Counter staff at The Morning Bulletin, Rockhampton Regional Shire Council or Livingstone Shire Council for assistance.
- Nominations and entries must be received within the Nomination Period (see Clause 13).
- Nominating is free, however, business and readers are responsible for any cost associated with lodging their nominations on-line.
- There is no cost to nominate; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Any Nominator should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
CATEGORIES for NOMINATION
- Business Nomination Categories:
- Best Small Business
- Best Community Enterprise
- Local Product Excellence
- Best International Export
- Most Innovative Business
- Best Staff Development
- Best Customer Service
- Best Marketing and Branding
- Best New Business
- Best Young Entrepreneur
- From the Business Nomination Categories, there will be one (1) winner chosen as “Best Business of the Year”
- One (1) People’s Choice Award for the business with the most votes received from the public.
NOMINATION AND PROMOTION PERIOD
- Nominations commence Friday August 19, 2016 and close Sunday September 25, 2016 (Nomination Period). Nominations received after the promotion period has ended will be deemed invalid.
- Promotion commences Friday August 19, 2016 and closes Friday November 11, 2016 (Promotion Period).
- One business in each category will be eligible to win in that category.
- The winning businesses in each category of business will receive a Trophy, retail value $200.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $2,400.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. All nominated businesses must be registered ABN Holders.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
The judging panel will consist of professionals; including
- Government, Industry and University professionals from Gladstone and Mackay and surrounding areas outside Rockhampton.
- Judging will take place via a set criteria including questions and the responses along with judging criteria suitable to the particular category the business has been nominated for. The criteria is set and is available for viewing by potential Nominees at www.capricorniabusinessawards.com.au
- Judging will take place between Monday September 26, 2016 and Friday October 7, 2016.
- Once the scoring of businesses has been completed the highest scored nominated business in each category will be announced the winner.
- The winning businesses will be announced at the Capricornia Business Awards 2016 dinner at the Rockhampton Leagues Club on Friday November 11, 2016.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners and winner’s photos of all categories will be published in The Morning Bulletin Friday November 18, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes will be presented at the Capricornia Business Awards and Government issued Photo ID may be required to confirm identity and residency.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be collected by the winner or their authorised person within 90 days of notification.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
36. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
37. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
38. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
39. Subject to complying with all relevant state and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts nor affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
40. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or infect the administration, security fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given by State Regulation.
41. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
43. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.