Terms and Conditions
Australian Regional Media – Win a Tiger Island Adventure
1. By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents and reside in their local newspaper distribution area to be eligible to enter (Clause 8).
3. Contestants must be aged 18 years and over (18+) to be eligible to enter this competition.
4. Contestants must enter online at their respective newspaper website (listing at clause 8) for their entry to be valid.
5. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
6. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 95 008 637 643.
7. To enter, Contestants must enter on-line at their local newspaper website (listing Clause 8) and complete the entry form provided, in full, commencing Saturday August 27 at 12:00 am.
8. Newspapers: contestants must live in the distribution area of their local newspaper for their entry to be deemed valid.
9. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period to be deemed valid entries (clause 15).
10. Contestants may submit more than one (1) entry, however, any contestant can only win one (1) prize.
11. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for such costs.
12. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
13. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
14. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a Contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
15. The competition commences at 12:00am Saturday August 27, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm Friday September 16, 2016 (‘Promotion Period’). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
16. One (1) Major prize for one (1) winner comprising the following:
• Return economy domestic airfares from the winner’s nearest major airport for four (4) adults to Brisbane or the Gold Coast, retail value $2,000.00
• 3 Night’s accommodation at Surfers Paradise for four (4) adults, retail value $700.00;
• 4 day car hire, retail value $400.00
• 7 Days unlimited entry for 4 adults to Dreamworld, WhiteWater World and SkyPoint Observation Deck for the duration of the holiday (pass is valid for 7 consecutive days), retail value $436.00;
• Tiger photo experience for 4 adults, retail value $495.00;
• One (1) Tiger Island Merchandise Pack, retail value $100.00.
• Retail values for Dreamworld entry, Whitewater World, Skypoint, tiger photo experience and merchandise pack are provided by Dreamworld.
• The winner must redeem their prize from Dreamworld by December 9, 2016 for the prize to remain valid.
• The prize cannot be used between September 19, 2016 and October 3, 2016 and between October 21, 2016 and October 23, 2016.
• All components of this prize are subject to availability.
• The retail value of the prize pool for the Major prize is $4,131.00 (inclusive of GST).
17. Minor Prizes: There will be two (2) minor prize winners per newspaper site (listed at Clause 8). The winners will receive:
• Bundaberg - NewsMail: 1 of 2 Dreamworld 7 Day Passes for 4 adults.
• Wide Bay – Fraser Coast Chronicle: 1 of 2 Dreamworld 7 Day Passes for 4 adults.
• Gladstone – The Observer: 1 of 2 Dreamworld 7 Day Passes for 4 adults.
• Mackay – Daily Mercury: 1 of 2 Dreamworld 7 Day Passes for 4 adults.
• Rockhampton – The Morning Bulletin: 1 of 2 Dreamworld 7 Day Passes for 4 adults.
18. The winners must collect their prize from their local newspaper (unless otherwise advised) no later than 5:00pm October 3, 2016 or the prizes will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw (see clause 61).
19. The retail value of the 7-day pass for 4 adults is $436.00 each (inclusive of GST).
20. The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $ 4,360.00 (inclusive of GST).
FURTHER PRIZE CONDITIONS
21. Selection of airline, flights, accommodation and any other component included in the prizes is at the discretion of Dreamworld.
22. Flights may only be taken from the winner’s nearest domestic airport to the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
23. All components of the prize must be taken together.
24. Each component of the prize is subject to relevant conditions and availability.
25. Accommodation is based on room hire only.
26. Any meals or incidental costs are the responsibility of the winner.
27. Any changes which are required to the specified accommodation are subject to availability and at the expense of the prize winner.
28. The prize winner and their companions are subject to the standard conditions of stay as defined by the resort.
29. The prize winner may be required to provide a credit card prior to checking into the hotel.
30. Any bond costs must be provided by the prize winner and will not be payable by Dreamworld.
31. Car hire vehicle will be available upon arrival for pick-up from the airport and drop off on departure.
32. It is a condition that the hirer be 25 years and over, and hold a current Australian or New Zealand Drivers Licence.
33. Provisional Licences and Learner’s permits will not be accepted.
34. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, mistreatment or ill manner to the hire car caused by the hirer
35. The Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the hirer through mistreatment, illegal behaviours or a violation of the car hire terms and conditions of use.
36. The car hire only covers the day rate hire of the car.
37. All insurance, petrol, and damage costs will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
38. Prize winner will need to present a current credit card for security purposes upon collection of the vehicle.
39. Park entry is subject to the standard conditions of entry.
40. Standard Tiger Photo conditions apply.
41. Minimum age restricted to 10 years and over.
42. Children between the ages of 10 and 15 years must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 years.
43. All participants must be in good health and able-bodied.
44. Wheelchairs and walking aides are not permitted.
45. The prize winner will be required to provide at least 3 weeks’ notice of intent to travel.
46. If the winner resides within a 3-hour drive or 240km from Dreamworld and Whitewater World, airfares and car rental are not included in the prize.
47. Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation or amendment fee, at the cost of the prize winner.
48. Children under the age of 18 years must travel with a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the travel period.
49. Each prize does not include any additional charges which may be incurred in connection with the redemption of the Prize which have not been outlined in the Prize description including but not limited to:
• Transfers to and from the origin airport, costs to obtain passports and other necessary travel documents.
• Transfers to and from Dreamworld, car hire, travel insurances, spending money, food, costs incurred in the hotel or any other attractions or activities.
• Any changes in travel requirements are subject to the prior approval of Dreamworld and any costs incurred in connection with any such change must be covered by the prize winner.
• Any additional travel arrangements which are not included in the prize must be made by the prize winner at his or her cost.
50. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
51. Prizes must be taken as a whole and no variations can be made.
52. Any additional travel arrangements not included in the prize must be made by the prize winner at the prize winner’s expense.
53. Any other additional costs including food, entertainment, gifts, shopping, medical, and other paid experiences at Dreamworld and Whitewater World incurred by the prize winner is the responsibility of that prize winner.
54. Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be redeemed, exchanged for cash or sold.
55. In the event that the prize winner does not redeem the prize within the specified timeframe (see clause 16), then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
56. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
57. Any unused portion of the prize is non-transferrable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
58. Any change in the value of the prize between publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
47. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
48. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
49. The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be aged 18 years and over.
• Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
• The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
• Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
50. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
51. The prize winners will be selected by electronic random draw at APN Newspapers Pty Ltd offices, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am (AEST) Monday September 19, 2016.
52. The prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification by telephone and confirmation email/letter.
53. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
54. Winner’s details will be published in each newspaper publication public notices on Wednesday September 21, 2016 (see clause 17).
55. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
56. Prizes must be claimed in person from the Newspaper publication they entered through, unless the winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required to confirm identity and residency.
57. The winners will be provided with instructions as to how the winner can claim their prize and establish his/her entitlement to the prize.
58. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
59. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification as per these terms and conditions.
60. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
UNCOLLECTED PRIZE REDRAW
61. Should the prizes not be claimed, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize redraw by random draw at APN Newspaper Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am on Tuesday October 4, 2016. The winner/s will be contacted by telephone and email.
62. The Contestant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Contestant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
63. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulations, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
PROMOTER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
64. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
• Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
• Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
• Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
• Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
• Any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
65. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes available or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
66. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
• Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
• Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
• Any liability for personal injury or death.
67. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
68. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
69. The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter at the address shown in Clause 6, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
70. The Promoter may contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.