10 apprenticeships available in CQ right now
GETTING a foot in the door in skilled industries can be difficult, so when opportunities arise to get the training needed to succeed in these industries, a prompt response is needed.
We've found nine apprenticeships and a cadetship available in the Rockhampton region right now for job seekers to apply for.
1. Apprentice Boilermaker
CTC are currently seeking an Apprentice Boilermaker (Junior) for a client based in the local Rockhampton region.
Applicants will need the following skills and attributes to be considered for the role:
- Committed to undertaking 3-4yrs of relevant training and study pertaining to the position
- Must have completed year 12 with sound results in Maths and English subjects
- 2015 Year 12 graduates with a pass in Graphics or Tech drawing subjects will be strongly considered
- Drivers licence and/or reliable transport to all areas of Rockhampton and surrounds
- An excellent can do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to stay on task and take instruction well
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- An excellent work ethic
- A strong focus on workplace health and safety
- Willing to undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
In return they will offer:
- Junior Apprenticeship/Traineeship rates including leave entitlements
- Excellent post placement support
- Opportunity to work with a fantastic local company
To be considered for these upcoming positions you will need to complete an application/registration form online. You will need to attach an up to date resume and include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience applicable to the role.
2. Apprentice Boilermaker
MRAEL are currently seeking an Apprentice Boilermaker.
A dual trade in fitting and turning may be offered to the right candidate provided they successfully complete their boilermaking apprenticeship.
Applicants who have completed a Certificate II in Engineering or related short courses in welding/fabrication will be highly regarded.
This position would be great for applicants who have been out of the workforce for some time and are looking to re enter.
3. Commercial Cookery Apprentice
MRAEL are currently seeking a Commercial Cookery Apprentice.
This position would be great for someone who has been out of the workforce for some time and is looking to re-enter.
This employer will also consider applicants who have already started their apprenticeships.
4. Apprentice Fitter Machinist
IPA is assisting a long established Rockhampton based engineering company to recruit an Apprentice Fitter Machinist.
Their client intends to employ the successful applicant direct and still believes in the old adage of giving a person the right start with the right training allowing them to successfully exit their apprenticeship as a competent tradesperson.
A certificate III in Engineering Mechanical Apprenticeship will involve examining and following drawings to create parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, shaping, grinding and drilling metal stock.
You will also learn how to assemble or sub-assemble parts by replacing or repairing damaged components.
During the course of the apprenticeship you will be exposed to a range of engineering areas including working with machines such as:
- Vertical and Horizontal Lathes
- Horizontal Boring
Much of a Fitter's role works on a variety of machining components for the mining, agricultural and heavy industrial sectors with tolerances of mere millimeters to spare.
It is therefore essential the successful applicant have a good mathematical / mechanical aptitude, be prepared to learn and be committed to the full term of the indenture.
5. Apprentice Fitter & Turner
MRAEL are currently seeking an Apprentice Fitter & Turner.
Paid or unpaid work experience in this trade will be highly regarded.
Sounds results in Maths B or C required and completion of a prevocational engineering course will be highly regarded.
6. Apprentice Gardener
Rockhampton Regional Council has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic hard working person to complete an apprenticeship in horticulture within our parks team.
You will be provided with on the job training and must have a commitment to undertaking all apprenticeship requirements to fulfil this position.
With your can do attitude, great customer skills and your ability to work well in a team you will undertake a range of horticultural and landscape maintenance activities to support the unit.
To be successful in this role you have great communication, planning and organising skills and a genuine interest in the horticultural industry.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
7. 2nd or 3rd Year Commercial Cookery Apprentice
MRAEL are currently seeking a 2nd or 3rd year commercial cookery apprentice.
Benefits of an Apprenticeship:
- Earn and learn
- On the job training
- Nationally recognised qualification: SIT30816
- Mentoring and Support if required
8. Heavy Vehicle Apprentice - 2nd, 3rd or 4th Year
Sunbus are currently seeking an 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Year Apprentice Mechanic to join their team at the Rockhampton Depot.
As an Apprentice Mechanic, you will be responsible assisting your supervisor and the Mechanics to undertake maintenance and repair work on the engines and transmissions of our buses. This includes:
- Committing to our trainee apprenticeship programme and successfully completing a Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology;
- Assist with preventative vehicle maintenance to ensure that vehicles are maintained and available for our operational needs;
- As required, liaise with Stores for correct parts for maintenance and repair;
- Assist our Mechanics when attending break-downs and call-outs;
- Assist with the maintenance of air-conditioning systems, panel and glass repairs;
- Support Mechanics with performing brake tests and wheel rotations;
- Assist with diagnostic work on our fleet, determine the results of oil samples to prevent engine / transmission damage;
- Enter fleet related data into company computer systems.
9. 2nd year Apprentice Painter & Decorator
MRAEL are currently seeking a 2nd year apprentice painter and decorator.
This position would be great for someone who has been out of the workforce for some time and is looking to re-enter
Has commenced their apprenticeship and knows they want to commit to a career in painting and decorating.
10. Cadet Civil Designer
Are you passionate about pursuing a career in Civil Design and are currently studying towards (or are eligible for entrance into) a relevant tertiary course (eg. Associate Diploma/Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)?
Rockhampton Regional Council is seeking a Cadet Civil Designer to join their talented Civil Design team.
You will be responsible for assisting with a range of detailed design, drawings and cost estimates for inclusion in municipal infrastructure projects.
You will also assist in undertaking accurate field surveys, preparation of feature plots and terrain models, and carry out set-out surveys for projects when required.
- Salary starting at $52,848 per annum (junior rates apply)
- Access on the job training and mentoring from a highly skilled team
- Obtain a qualification whilst earning an income
- Opportunity for streamlined progression