Alleged victim admits recognising Suzi Taylor before booking escort
The man who claims he was assaulted for money by Suzi Taylor has admitted he recognised her as "Suzi from The Block" before he contacted her and agreed to engage her for escort services.
Under cross-examination by Taylor's defence counsel James Benjamin, David Butler agreed that he had wanted to spend time with the former reality TV contestant.
Suellen Jan Taylor and Ali Ebrahimi are standing trial in Brisbane District Court on five charges.
They have pleaded not guilty to deprivation of liberty, assault occasioning bodily harm in company, extortion, fraud and attempted fraud.
Mr Butler told the court on Thursday that both Taylor and Ebrahimi punched and kicked him, after Ebrahimi allegedly tied him up, and that $950 was taken from his bank account, after he was allegedly forced to give up his bank PIN number.
He first told the court that he had not known the true identity of escort Katie, who was Taylor, when he engaged her for sex, agreeing to pay $250 for half an hour in October, 2019.
Mr Butler said he took a bottle of French champagne and a bottle of red wine to Katie's New Farm unit, around 1am on October 30, 2019.
When Mr Benjamin today put to Mr Butler that he took the bottles of alcohol intending to charm Taylor, he said "yes".
When it was put to him that when Taylor opened the unit door he greeted her as Suzi, Mr Butler said he could not recall.
Mr Butler also said he could not recall, when it was put to him that he had put a $50 note on a counter and said "There's plenty more where that came from".
Mr Butler denied having a shower in Taylor's bathroom and said he could not recall Taylor finding him in the shower and saying "This isn't right. I want you to leave".
Earlier under cross-examination by Mr Benjamin, Mr Butler admitted he had falsely told police and a court he had first met Katie on dating apps, Tinder and Plenty of Fish.
When Mr Benjamin said to Mr Butler that he had lied to both police and the court about how he met Taylor, Mr Butler said: "Because I was embarrassed and ashamed".
Mr Butler yesterday told the District Court he had soiled himself after being tied up for hours and after Ebrahimi allegedly refused his request to go to the bathroom.
Mr Benjamin put to him that he had soiled himself hours earlier, when Taylor called out, while he was lying on top of her, and Ebrahimi, whom he did not know was in the unit, came into the bedroom.
Mr Butler also agreed that he had made a conscious decision to delete some text messages between himself and Taylor before going to police.
Under cross-examination by Ebrahimi's defence counsel, Yulia Chekirova, Mr Butler agreed that he had lied while giving sworn evidence at the committal hearing.
Mr Butler agreed when Ms Chekirova put to him that he went to the unit expecting to pay $250 for half an hour of sexual services.
He accepted that the hourly rate was $500.
"You spent approximately six hours there," Ms Chekirova put to Mr Butler.
"I was tied up for most of that, but yes," he replied.
Mr Butler denied he had a discussion at the unit with Taylor and Ebrahimi and that he agreed to pay Taylor $2000 for four hours.
He also denied telling Taylor he would pay her $950 because he had just under $1000 in his bank account.
Detective Senior Constable Matthew Cummins, who spoke to Mr Butler at 8.45am on the day of the alleged assaults, said he saw red, inflamed indentations on his wrists.
He said he detected a smell of urine and faeces on him.
A doctor who examined Mr Butler the day after the alleged assaults said he had a cut finger and abrasions on an elbow, knee and inside an arm.
Dr Han Aung said Mr Butler said he had pain in his neck, shoulder and lower back.
The GP said he did not see any facial injuries or bruising on Mr Butler's shoulder, torso or back.
Dr Aung confirmed that Mr Butler told him he had been attacked and had his hands tied with telephone cords.
Gary Shelton, who lived in the same unit complex as Taylor and Ebrahimi, said at 5.30am on October 31, 2019, he heard a male voice saying "Get off him".
"It wasn't a request, it wasn't an order but it was a demand," Mr Shelton said.
Brian Jeffries, who lived across the road from the Bowen Tce unit complex, said about 5.30am that morning he was woken by a male voice calling "help", and he went outside.
He said he went back to bed and about five minutes later he again heard a male call "help".
The trial is continuing.
Originally published as Alleged victim admits recognising Suzi Taylor before booking escort