Donations flow in for fire victims
DONATIONS are still coming in for a South Rockhampton family who lost almost everything in a house fire last month.
Members of the Barber family were lucky to escape when their Wilkinson Street home in Wandal went up in flames in August.
Since the fire they have continued to receive support from the Rockhampton community.
Allan Barber has returned to work at Eventide and his workmates and the families of residents have donated items such as a washing machine and microwave to the family to help them get back on their feet.
Mr Barber's sister-in-law, Lyn Barber, helped to co-ordinate the collection at Eventide.
Dinnerwear, glasses and cutlery have also been brought in to Eventide for the family.
A fridge was donated to them by a member of the public. The Salvation Army launched an appeal for the family last month and are still taking donations.
So far about $500 has been donated.
On the same day that the Barber family lost their home Heather and Jim Olsson were also affected by fire.
Their Jones Street home was burned, but when the couple asked if they needed help, said they would be okay.
If you would like to help the Barber family contact the Salvation Army in Rockhampton on 4999?1999.
The appeal ends on September 30.