Motorist 'blew four times legal limit'



A MOTORIST who allegedly blew four times the legal bloodalcohol limit after a car crash was among dozens nabbed by police on Rockhampton roads at the weekend.

While there were no fatalities reported on the region's roads, the behaviour of some Rockhampton motorists contributed to a less than ideal start to the Christmas holiday period.

A driver allegedly recorded a blood-alcohol reading of .200 after an accident near Country Comfort, Victoria Parade, about 5.50pm on Saturday.

That was the highest reading of five drink-drivers caught in the Rockhampton district by 11am yesterday.

Regional Traffic Co-ordinator Inspector Lyle Mitchell said considering there were 1000 random breath tests conducted, that figure "wasn't too bad''.

Also at the weekend there were at least 76 speedsters caught (not including speed camera detections).

A motorist was allegedly caught doing 122km/h in a 100 zone on the Bruce Highway near Canoona.

At Marmor, the driver of a Bdouble truck was allegedly clocked doing 107km/h in a 100 zone.

There were two more accidents on a notorious stretch of road near Marlborough, which on Friday claimed the life of a 60-year-old Townsville woman.

About 5am on Saturday, a four-wheel drive dual-cab utility was involved in a single-vehicle accident, on the Bruce Highway, about 5km south of the Stanage Bay Road.

One person was taken to Rockhampton Hospital as a precautionary measure.

Yesterday, a woman was hospitalised with suspected spinal injuries and a fractured right arm after a single-vehicle accident, 15km south of Marlborough, about 7am.



Bushfire risk home gets approval after two year fight

premium_icon Bushfire risk home gets approval after two year fight

Berserker foothills home gets preliminary approval

Local Labor savages the Coalition's energy policy changes

premium_icon Local Labor savages the Coalition's energy policy changes

With the LNP ringing in the changes, the ALP goes on the attack.

Fire crews rescue man after he wakes to smoke-filled CQ home

premium_icon Fire crews rescue man after he wakes to smoke-filled CQ home

SIMPLE kitchen mistake could have been a lot worse.

Local Partners