South Rocky relishes $6 million food court



A $6 million food court will be built across from Rockhampton's southside McDonald's.

Harcourts' Graham Allen, agent for Sunshine Coast- based developer Maja Group, yesterday confirmed the sale of land at the cor- ner of George and Fitzroy streets.

The sale of the 4500 square metre block, owned by Menzies Automotive Services manager Merv Menzies, may have set a re- cord in itself.

"I can't give an exact fig- ure but it sold for some- where between $1 million and $2 million,'' Mr Allen said.

"It has probably set a new benchmark for dollars per square metre for land on the southside of Rock- hampton.''

Mr Allen said buildings on the site ? currently oc- cupied by John Ritter Mo- tors and The Shed Company ? would be removed, as would an adjacent home.

"Work will start in early January and the centre should be built and opened around October.''

Mr Allen said he had al-ready signed two tenants for the food court. They were nationally re- cognised food retailers.

He said location was a key factor in the sale. "Roughly 28,000 cars pass by this corner every day.

"That's a tremendous traffic flow.''

Mr Allen said he would not be surprised to see de- mand for similar land con- tinue.

"A lot of developers are trying to get into the Rock- hampton market. There's plenty of interest.''

l The former Pizza Hut at North Rockhampton's Aquatic Place is under con- tract for $900,000 to a Bris- bane-based consortium.

"They haven't indicated what their plans are at this stage but time will tell,'' Mr Allen said.



Bushfire risk home gets approval after two year fight

premium_icon Bushfire risk home gets approval after two year fight

Berserker foothills home gets preliminary approval

Local Labor savages the Coalition's energy policy changes

premium_icon Local Labor savages the Coalition's energy policy changes

With the LNP ringing in the changes, the ALP goes on the attack.

Fire crews rescue man after he wakes to smoke-filled CQ home

premium_icon Fire crews rescue man after he wakes to smoke-filled CQ home

SIMPLE kitchen mistake could have been a lot worse.

Local Partners