Backyard fire sparked false alarm

A BACKYARD fire to roast marshmallows caused a full-scale panic in Rockhampton late yesterday afternoon.

Fire trucks were scrambled to Lion Creek Road after a number of residents called 000 to report an explosion and housefire.

But all the firefighters could find was a family gathered around a bonfire of mango tree branches.

The householder says the flames leapt a bit high when he first lit it, and it was good to know neighbours had shown concern for the family’s well-being.



Say 'yes' to the dress in new CQ bridal store

premium_icon Say 'yes' to the dress in new CQ bridal store

Boutique offering an exclusive range of budget-friendly designs

Breakfast bliss with musical twist at new cafe

premium_icon Breakfast bliss with musical twist at new cafe

'You order what you want and we'll cook it for you,'

Local Partners