MEMBERS of the controversial female-only Australian Facebook group Bad Girls Advice are calling for it to be shut down after a series of posts joking about Tuesday's terror attacks were published and then defended by admin.

Posts included tasteless memes and jokes about the incident, which saw a suicide bomber kill 22 people and injure 59 more at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.

READ MORE:

When challenged about the insensitive posts, admin removed the complaining members from the group and then boasted about it in the comments.

Members were also met with a barrage of vicious abuse from others in the group.

"I was kicked out 10 minutes ago for being outraged at their latest post on the Manchester attacks," one member anonymously told news.com.au.

"Kids being killed and they are joking about it," added another.

"When you comment it's sick you get called a soft c*ck and get booted off the group hundreds have been booted or left over this."

Some members are amused by those getting upset.
Some members are amused by those getting upset. Supplied

Making no attempt to hide the fact their actions were distasteful, those making the posts told members who were offended to keep scrolling or leave the group.

"Looks like we gonna have to boot some people - WELCOME TO THE INTERNET - it's offensive," one wrote in the comments.

"Well I guess we needed a BGA clean out, time to weed out the sooks. Bye," added another.

Despite the abuse, some of the members still voiced their concern.

"Tell me to scroll on, but this is pathetic. Children died and many people were injured and you are making fun of it. I get it is just a meme but you need to have some bloody respect for the lives lost and the families and friends who lost their loved ones," wrote one member.

"Wayyyyyy too soon dude! Yeah this page is for "bad bitches" but that sh*t's just cold, inappropriate and very disappointing," added another.

Members also pointed out the reach of the page extended greater than Australia, with warnings there could be people from the UK affected by the incident.

"I'm from Manchester. There's a high chance that some of the victims' families could be on here," she wrote.

Inside sources said by 9.00pm Tuesday night, almost 2000 members of the 200,000 group had been either kicked out or left willingly after being too disgusted by the posts.

There are concerns over the fact family members or friends of victims might be in the group
There are concerns over the fact family members or friends of victims might be in the group Supplied

This is not the first time the secret Facebook group has been brought into disrepute, with graphic sexual discussions and images of men's bodies, detailed accounts of intimate relationships, and discussion boasting about violence against men previously raising concerns.

Following the earlier issues and latest indiscretions, current members are making fresh calls for the group to be shut down for encouraging highly inappropriate content.

"This group needs to be shut down after the tragedy. Joking about what had just happened disgusting," one member told news.com.au.

"I hope your page gets shut down. You guys are disgusting. Innocent children have been murdered. Before you delete me, I'm deleted myself," added another in the comments.

It is likely the requests to delete the group will be ignored by Facebook, with the company allowing the Bad Girls Advice to continue to operate after the initial controversy despite shutting down the original Blokes Advice group for similar reasons.

News.com.au has repeatedly requested comment from Facebook since the first article, but the company has thus far refused to confirm whether the tech giant will pull down the Bad Girls page.

Do you think the group should be removed? Continue the conversation in the comments below or with Matthew Dunn on Twitter and Facebook.

matthew.dunn2@news.com.au

News Corp Australia


Mount Morgan Dam takes centre stage for new sporting event

premium_icon Mount Morgan Dam takes centre stage for new sporting event

Thousands expected to be pumped into the local economy.

Crews on standby as Ambrose blaze reignites

Crews on standby as Ambrose blaze reignites

QFES reported that there was no threats to property.

Hefty fines for unsafe driver with kids unbuckled

premium_icon Hefty fines for unsafe driver with kids unbuckled

OVERLOADED and unrestrained children has cost one Rockhampton man

Local Partners