Big projects spread across the region
FROM walking and bike trails at Mount Morgan to a pump track in Gracemere and fishing platforms along the Fitzroy River, more than $8 million worth of projects are underway in the Rockhampton region.
Rockhampton Regional Council received $8.79 million in funding through the third round of the State
Government's Works for Queensland program.
Ten projects have been endorsed and are in progress.
These projects (listed above) must be completed by June 30, 2021.
2019-21 W4Q PROJECTS
• Mount Morgan walking/bike trials: $600,000 budget, $574,638 remaining
• New footpaths: $1 million budget, $619,276 remaining
• Fitzroy River bank protection: $3.5 million, $2.1 million remaining
• Heritage Village lighting upgrades:$300,000 budget, $296,746 remaining
• Visitor Information Centre upgrades: $300,000 budget, $296,530 remaining (this project has been moved to be reassessed and the money be divided to other projects)
• Zoo improvements: $300,000 budget, $297,844 remaining
• Botanic Gardens pathways: $400,000 budget, none spent so far
• Riverside Park access ramp: $1.09 million, $1.06 million remaining
• Pump track Gracemere: $500,000 budget, $458,836 remaining
• Fishing platforms: $800,000 budget, $354,898 remaining