A young female has suffered a reaction after mistakenly mixing two chemicals.
A young female has suffered a reaction after mistakenly mixing two chemicals.

UPDATE: Woman hospitalised after public pool ‘chemical spill’

UPDATE, Tuesday 3.30pm: A 23-year-old female was last night hospitalised after she inhaled fumes following a chemical spill at Rockhampton's South Side Pool. 

It is understood the worker was undertaking maintenance procedures before mistakenly combining a form of bleach and acid. 

Multiple emergency service units attended the scene around 6.30pm, including QFES and QAS.

The young woman was later taken to Rockhampton Base Hospital in a stable condition. 

She has since been released. 

INITIAL, Monday 6.30pm: Emergency services are this evening attending a minor chemical spill at Rockhampton's South Side Pool.

Early reports suggest a 23-year-old female worker suffered a reaction around 6.30pm following the incident.

It is understood she mistakenly mixed chemicals believed to be lemon bleach and acid.

The specific type of acid used is unclear at this time.

The young woman is reportedly complaining of breathlessness.

Both QAS and QFES are on scene.

More to come.



Vehicle crashes into tree at 2am

Premium Content Vehicle crashes into tree at 2am

Emergency services were called to the scene with a man taken to hospital

Driver crashes vehicle into other parked vehicle

Premium Content Driver crashes vehicle into other parked vehicle

She was treated by paramedics and taken to Rockhampton Hospital

Man allegedly wounded in Mount Morgan

Premium Content Man allegedly wounded in Mount Morgan

A man is now in hospital and police are investigating