Firefighters securing the building.
Firefighters securing the building.

BREAKING: Staff evacuated after fire in council chambers

 A FIRE on a stove in a staff kitchen has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.

Fire crews are on site and the blaze has been extinguished.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and staff are gathered outside the building until it's safe to return to work.

A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.
A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick. Jayden Brown


World Championships the next stop for Rocky woman

premium_icon World Championships the next stop for Rocky woman

42-year-old local makes waves at international body building comp

REVEALED: Councillors speak out on 'frayed edges' of budget

premium_icon REVEALED: Councillors speak out on 'frayed edges' of budget

TEMPERS boiled over in chambers last week and councillors tell why

Pedestrian hits back after being struck by vehicle

Pedestrian hits back after being struck by vehicle

The male patient has been transported with minor injuries

Local Partners