The Bulletin's top four tips of things to this weekend
THERE are a wide range of activities on around the region this weekend.
Here The Bulletin's tips:
- THE Rockhampton Musical Union senior and youth choirs will present their annual Easter concert this Sunday. Click here for more information.
- Last chance to watch Rockhampton Regional Council's latest musical offering Evita. It features a cast of exceptional local performers including Claire Duffy as Evita, Grant Wolf Whitfield as Che Guevara, Justin Stewart as Magaldi, Sharnee O'Donnell as the Mistress, and Travis Hock as Peron performing some of the best loved songs in music theatre including Don't Cry for Me Argentina. Click here for more information.
- Fashion Feast Friday is on tonight from 6pm at The Workshop. Buy, swap or sell any clothes, shoes and accessories. Food is on sale from 5pm. Free entry. For more information about activities at The Workshop this weekend, click here.
- On Saturday, Emu Park and Yeppoon will say thanks to the coast's Cyclone Marcia heroes. Find out more about the Emu Park event by clicking here. Find out more about the Yeppoon event here.
- 5pm: Under 12s Friday Night Skating is on until 6pm at the Rockhampton Showgrounds, gate six, Lion Creek Rd. Cost: $4 per skater, includes free skate hire. Contact 0487 472 951.
- 5pm: Fashion Food Friday at Workshop Rockhampton, via 45 East St. To book a table or stall text 0404053439.
- 6pm: Meet the Collectors at Rockhampton Art Gallery , 62 Victoria Pde. Friends of the Gallery $10, tickets $15, includes refreshments. Phone 4936 8248 for more information.
- 6pm:Trivia Night at Mike Maher Centre, Glenmore High School. Max of 8 per table, $10pp with supper included. Bookings phone 0409 580 748.
- 7pm: Friday Night Skating until 9.30pm at Rockhampton Showgrounds, gate six, Lion Creek Rd. Cost: $7 entry (skate hire extra). Contact 0487 472 951. No Eftpos.
- 7.30pm:Old time dance at Stanwell Hall. Live entertainment, cost is $10 which includes supper. Contact 0407596944.
- 7.30pm: Amateur Allsorts at Eldino's Cafe, 159 East St. Free show, food, drinks BYO.
- 7am: Car Boot Sale at Keppel Anglican Parish, 18 Housden Place, Taranganba. Contact 0418 392 303.
- 7.30am: RRL Nines, watch former NRL stars play for local teams at Browne Park, Rockhampton. Bar open from 12.30pm. Admission $10 per adult and $5 for children u/18 and pensioners.
- 7.30am: Where's Wally Easter Markets at Stapleton Park, Reaney St, North Rockhampton. Free entry. Phone 0475 824 866 for more information.
- 8am: The restocking of the Mount Morgan Dam will occur from 8am-10am at the Mount Morgan Dam, boat ramp area.
- 8am: Ubobo Bush Markets are on at Ubobo Memorial Hall Grounds from 8am-noon. Entertainment provided by Jack Viljoen.
- 8.30am: A free safe boating course will be conducted from 8.30am-11.30am by Yeppoon Coastguards. The course is recommended for all new boat owners or those new to the Capricorn Coast. Includes flare demonstration. To register call 4933 6600.
- 9am: Capricorn Animal Aid Adoption Day at PETstock Rockhampton, Masters Centre, cnr Yaamba Rd & River Rose Drive, Norman Gardens.
- 10am: Dreaming of Deco Exhibition at Rockhampton Art Gallery, 62 Victoria Parade.
- 1pm: Visioneering workshop-create your own vision board at 2 Mountain View Drive, Yeppoon. Cost is $40pp includes materials and refreshments. Bring items to make your board. Call 0415 565 456 to book a spot.
- 2pm: Emu Park "Say Thanks to the Volunteers" Day at Bell Park. Contact 0413398784.
- 2pm: Livingstone Shire Council's Buy 'em a Beer Thank you Fundraiser at Yeppoon Showgrounds from 2pm. Live entertainment kicks off at 2.30pm. Cost: Adults $10, Children $5, Under 5 Free
- 3pm: Masterpieces of the Baroque at Yeppoon Town Hall. Tickets on sale on the day. Enquiries or Bookings to 4913 3857.
- 5.30pm: Hungi/ Lap Lap fundraiser hosted by Australia Pikininis Cane Cutters at the Cooee Bay Sports Complex, 160 Matthew Flinders Drive. A range of traditional food on offer. Adult: $20 for Main, dessert and a drink. Child aged 6-15 is $10. BYO Chair.
- 6pm: Kayla's Studio of the Arts Trivia Night at 155 Alma St, Rockhampton CBD. All funds raised goes to KSA cheerleaders. Tickets are $15pp or $60 for a team of 4-6. To book phone 04373 24897.
- 9pm: Vanuatu Relief Appeal at Zodiac Nightclub, William St, Rockhampton CBD. Zodiac Nightclub will donate $2 to the Cyclone Pam appeal for every person through the door. Free entry until 10pm.
- 7am: Rocky MTB Enduro Series at Arungas Hut at Seeonee Park, 399 Yeppoon Rd (between access 4 & 5). Cost: $20 senior and $10 junior. Phone 0433 340 145 for more information.
- 8am: Kern Arcade Markets to noon at Kern Arcade car park, Bolsover St.
- 8am: Community fun and fitness day for CQ Mt Everest Trekkers at Victoria Park, Rockhampton. A range of activities on offer including a bootcamp with Vector Health. Sign up for bootcamp or athletic testing here: hr159.infusionsoft.com/app/form/cqeverest
- 9am: The Archer Park Rail Museum in Denison St, Rockhampton, will be open until 1pm. Morning tea available, tram will not be operating.
- 9am: Plant a tree and get one free at the Thwaite Park official opening and community day at Thwaite Park, Monte Carlo Ave, Keppel Cove Estate, Zilzie.
- 10am: Antiques & Collectables Valuation Day at Rockhampton Art Gallery, 62 Victoria Parade. Cost: $5 per item (maximum of three items). Phone 4936 8248.
- 10am: Cultural Art Workshop at Yeppoon Town Hall
- 25 Normanby St. Contact: 0428 192 507.
1pm: The Cawarral Hall will be holding Country Music afternoon. Cuppa & Cake for $2 and a BBQ at 4pm. Entry is by a gold coin donation . Phone 49354866.