Businesses close doors as ex-cyclone Oswald hits region
BUSINESSES across the region have closed their doors as ex-cyclone Oswald hits Central Queensland.
The Bulletin readers have posted the names of businesses they have know are closed today on our facebook page.
The Happy Herb Shop is open, along with City Centre Plaza is open and so is IGA Dean St.
The Bulletin has not confirmed any of these closures.
However, here is a list provided by readers.
- Tenpin bowl
- Stocklands Rockhampton - confirmed
- Sizzler Rockhampton
- Illoura Day Care Centre
- Shopping Fair and Northside Plaza
- Touch Nail and Beauty salon
- Mandalay Medical Centre
- Connect Hearing
- Thozet road servo
- Tropical auto group closed
- Nikkita nail and beauty
- Vintage Bettie
- RGS Early learning
- Futures Financial
- Steve Cooling
- St. Peter's school
- Little friends childcare
- subway yeppoon closed
- Windscreen Ambulance is closed
- Fashion Diva in Elphinstone St
- Barbeques Galore
- Paint Place
- Kitty mays florist
- Lakes Creek Florist
- Crazy Joker
- Essential Body Approach
- Studio Renes hair salon
- School's Out Vacation care at Frenchville State School
- Goodlife Gym
- Nqx depot
- Meals on Wheels will not be delivering food until Tuesday, so if your neighbour rely on meals on wheels please take them over some food and maybe check to see they are ok
- Insperations paint
- Vanilla Musk
- Bridal Reflections
- Embodi Hair Studio
- Beaurepaires Rockhampton
- R n Rna Hair and The Wax Shack
- North state hair and beauty
- Aussie Rockhampton
- Choice on Thozet Rd
- Hungry Jacks Southside Dining Room is closed - however, our drive thru appears to still be running
- Dean St IGA is now closed (11.25am)
- Darren's Asbestos Removal
- Mothercare rockhampton
- Horseland Rockhampton
- Verify Private Wealth is closed, however can be contacted via email and phone.
- Pat O'Driscoll Real Estate
- Salad bowl
- Rockonia rd store
- Can I Wear That in Berserker St
- Hastings Rockhampton
The Rockhampton Regional Council has issued a number of notices this morning.
Please be advised that Rockhampton Zoo will be closed today due to the high winds and heavy rain.
Due to flash flooding and heavy rain Council's Customer Service Centres are facing a number of difficulties including low staff levels and problems with power and phone lines.
This may result in long delays on the Customer Service phone line.
Council asks the community to please be patient and to take advantage of the voicemail call back service, where callers are able to leave a name and phone number for a call back and they will not lose their place in the queue.
If you believe your request is not urgent and please consider making contact after this weather event as subsided.
Rockhampton Pound has been closed and animals have been evacuated as precautionary measure. The facility will remain closed over the weekend and Council will advise when it can be reopened.
Due to issues caused by the current weather situation the North Rockhampton and Emu Park Libraries are closed.
Due to health and safety reasons all pools in our Region have now been closed and will remain closed until further notice.
The Rockhampton Region Visitor Centres will be temporarily closed due to current weather conditions.
The Rockhampton Botanic Gardens have been closed.