THE Rockhampton Leagues Club Capras have made an official complaint to Queensland Rugby League following their 42-12 loss to Tweed Heads Seagulls at Browne Park last Saturday night.

The club alleged the referee of the match behaved unprofessionally towards two Capras players during the Queensland Intrust Super Cup round 12 game.

Capras assistant coach Damien Seibold, who is coaching the team while Jason Hetherington attends to Queensland State of Origin coaching duties, said the referee refused to talk to Capras skipper Gavin Hiscox and spoke to prop John Clayton aggressively.

"The way the referee was speaking to Gav Hiscox is something I was really disappointed with and we've taken it up with the QRL," Seibold said.

"When Gav went to speak to the referee about some decisions, basically the ref told him at certain points during the game to go away and he wasn't to speak to him at that point in time

"It makes it very difficult when the ref speaks to our captain that way and actually refuses to talk to him.

"Another incident which was something that just isn't a good look is the referee pointed in John Clayton's face and I'm not too sure why that was required but we've taken it up with QRL."



7pm on Saturday at Marley Brown Oval, Gladstone

CAPRAS SQUAD: Reece Baker, Hughie Stanley, Marco Delapena, Smith Samau, Rhys Williams, Mark Johnstone, Marlon Doak, Arlin Paki, Theeran Pearson, Peter Gallen, Liam Pickersgill, Guy Williams, Gavin Hiscox. Interchange: John Clayton, Matt Mizzi, Andrew Dale, Brent Crisp.

With official complaints made, Seibold said it was time for the Capras to put the match behind them and focus on preparing for their encounter with PNG Hunters at Gladstone's Marley Brown Oval this Saturday.

"The training this week will be the same as what we always do but we are going to spend a lot more time in regards to attention to detail and making sure that we do the little things right so that it moves into the game on Saturday night," he said.

"Smith Samau comes back in this week, he had a family issue he had to travel to Brisbane for but that has all been sorted out and he comes back in so Brent Williams leaves the squad.

"Gladstone is becoming a bit of a graveyard for us so hopefully we can continue that this week.

"We had a little bit of a chat as a group last night in regards to performing well against PNG and trying to get one back because they got away with it when we went up there and the score blew out a little bit towards the end so we want to rectify that this weekend.

"They play for 80 minutes so we have to be prepared for that ... they'll keep coming.

"Patience is a big thing, we need to make sure we realise what's working for us and stick to it for a full 80 minutes instead of just 15-20."

Steven Bradbury stops by Rocky on lager tour

Premium Content Steven Bradbury stops by Rocky on lager tour

The Olympian travelled across Central Queensland offering taste-testing...

Woman in hospital after North Rocky crash

Premium Content Woman in hospital after North Rocky crash

The crash occurred on Clifton Street and Ford Street.

Dad busted with drug utensils with crystal residue

Premium Content Dad busted with drug utensils with crystal residue

A former panel beater caring full-time for two of his children was busted with drug...