Little CQ boy rushed to hospital after electric shock

A SIX-YEAR-OLD boy was transported to Gladstone Hospital yesterday afternoon after receiving an electric shock at his Kirkwood home.

"(He) placed an extension cord into a power socket... this caused him to suffer an electric shock," said QAS CQ senior operations supervisor Chris Perera.

The boy was conscious as he was taken to hospital as a precaution.



POLL: Should Rocky and Livingstone put fluoride in water?

premium_icon POLL: Should Rocky and Livingstone put fluoride in water?

Dental association's push for fluoride in Rocky and coast water

Dramatic increase in extreme heat forecast for Rockhampton

premium_icon Dramatic increase in extreme heat forecast for Rockhampton

Dire warning for when climate change bites, Rocky will sizzle

Knock back for extended hours during food and wine festival

premium_icon Knock back for extended hours during food and wine festival

Questions raised why Beef and not this festival?

Local Partners