ONE A-grade Rockhampton rugby team's hopes of seeing out the season remain optimistic; one is uncertain.
Following the Anzac Day brawl at Rugby Park last month, the CQ Rugby Union committee has allowed the Rockhampton Brothers team back into the competition.
But the decision has come at a cost.
The Bulletin top headlines
After a meeting with Brothers and Colts representatives on Tuesday night, the CQRU committee slapped Brothers with a $1500 fine.
The team also lost 10 competition points.
CQRU president Ian Coombe said Colts was still suspended from the competition pending a meeting next Tuesday, where the committee would decide whether the team should be allowed back into A-grade rugby this year.
Colts has been hit with a $2500 fine, and will lose 20 competition points.
Mr Coombe said the committee was still "doing due diligence" regarding the Colts' behaviour during the brawl at Rugby Park on Anzac Day.
Meanwhile, no further punishment against the team and other players had been taken at this stage, Coombe said.
As a result of the brawl, four players - three from Colts and one from Brothers - were suspended.
One player, Dylan Tiaaleaiga, was suspended for three years.
The police charged two Colts' players with assault. They will appear in Rockhampton Magistrates Court on Monday.
There is no A-grade competition rugby scheduled this weekend.