FILE

Coast child airlifted to Brisbane hospital with burns

A CHILD has been airlifted to a Brisbane hospital after being burnt by boiling water.

Paramedics were called to a Tewantin address about 1.30pm today after reports a child had burns to 18% of their body.

They were transported in a stable condition with stomach, groin and leg injuries to the Sunshine Coast University Hospital before being airlifted to Lady Cilento Children's Hospital.



Emergency services called to gas leak in Rocky CBD

Emergency services called to gas leak in Rocky CBD

It is unknown if any persons are affected, more to come

GALLERY: Rockhampton's party people hit the town

GALLERY: Rockhampton's party people hit the town

Night Life: See if you can spot your mates out on the town

Distance ed not just for bush kids, meet the island students

Distance ed not just for bush kids, meet the island students

More than 600 new students at the Capricornia school this year

Local Partners