NRL star charged with female assault
NORTH Queensland prop Scott Bolton has been charged with indecent assault following an incident in Bondi on Saturday night.
NSW Police confirmed a Queensland 30-year-old man had been charged with assault with an act of indecency and granted conditional bail.
Bolton will appear in Waverley Local Court on June 19.
The NRL confirmed the integrity unit had been made aware of the alleged incident.
The Cowboys have stayed on in Sydney following Friday's win over Penrith in Bathurst ahead of Thursday's clash with the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval. Police were called to a Campbell Parade bar late on Saturday night where a female patron claimed she'd been indecently assaulted.
Seven News reported on Sunday Bolton was arrested for allegedly "harassing and inappropriately touching" the female patron.
The Daily Telegraph reports the NRL integrity unit has been notified.
Bolton has been married since 2016 and has not been linked to any form of rugby league scandal since his NRL debut against the Wests Tigers in 2007.
A NSW Police statement said Bolton was arrested at Waverley Police Station.
"Police were called to licenced premises on Campbell parade about 10.50pm (Saturday 5 May 2018), after a female patron reported she had been indecently assaulted," the statement said.
"Officers from Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command initiated an investigation and arrested a 30-year-old man about 9.20am (Sunday 6 May 2018), at Waverley Police Station.
"The man, who is from Queensland, has been charged with assault with an act of indecency."
The Cowboys have been approached for comment.
- with AAP