Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.



Drug trafficker mum gets Christmas present

Premium Content Drug trafficker mum gets Christmas present

Her time in prison was the longest she had been illicit drug-free since she was...

DV offender rushes partner’s son armed with a pole

Premium Content DV offender rushes partner’s son armed with a pole

He told police he was sick of his partner’s son being lazy.

LETTERS: The problem with Federal Labor’s image

Premium Content LETTERS: The problem with Federal Labor’s image

Harry Bruce’s cartoon of the day and readers have their say on current events.