Donations pour in for grieving family of Sharon France
GRIEVING father Bradley France is at the side of his nine-month-old son Kaiden as he lies in an induced coma in Townsville Hospital.
It's an unthinkable time - a waiting game following the devastating loss of his wife, Sharon Lee France, who was involved in a head-on collision on Hay Point Rd on Friday.
But the grieving dad is not alone. The Mackay community is behind him and his six children.
Heartfelt condolences and messages of support have poured onto social media since the crash, raising $9690 (as of February 17 at 2pm) in just 24 hours on a GoFundMe page.
Little Kaiden was initially taken to Mackay Base Hospital but was then flown to Townsville.
Mr France posted on Facebook about his son's condition, saying that he had sustained a skull fracture and other injuries, but was now responding to touch.
A 52-year-old local man, the driver of the Isuzu light truck also involved in the crash, was taken to Mackay Base Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Messages of Support
• Jennifer Mapp: Such a tragedy. Prayers and thoughts are with the family of both involved.
Taylah Matthews, Brad France my thoughts are with you, Shauna and the kidlets. I'm sending big love and hugs your way.
• Kylie Westcott: Brad France deepest condolences to you and the family. Hugs hun. Kaiden is in our thoughts and prayers xo
• Kerrie Dunne: Brad France sending so much love and positive vibes to you and your family mate.
• Emma Vinson: All of our Hay Point community is here for you Brad if you need anything at all for yourself and the kids.
• Debbie Murray: Sending love and prayers to you and your family. I hope for a good outcome for little boy Kaiden.
• Shortiee O'Brien: Brad it breaks my heart to have seen the accident on Facebook and to hear how hard life has gotten. I pray every night your son makes it out of the coma and cuddles you big time. It wasn't long ago myself I was younger and in Townsville Base in a critical way. I pray your son has the luck I had to come out of it.
• Kirsten Jensen: My heart breaks for you and your family.
I hope your little boy recovers fully. You'll be in my heart, prayers and thoughts.
• Marilyn Appo: I can't imagine what you are going through right now. My deepest sympathy and I hope your little man pulls through. I don't know you but I feel your pain.
• John Hunter: Wow, sorry for your loss bud. Only met you guys a couple of weeks ago but thoughts go with you. If you need anything let us know.
• Maryann Dawson: Sending our deepest sympathy Brad, so sad, RIP to the wifey, best of love, speedy recovery for little boy.