Employees in dark after three months of no work at sawmill
MORE than 20 Bondoola Sawmill workers have been without an income for three months and are still in the dark about if they have a job to return to, according to an employee.
The Bondoola Sawmill shut its doors before Christmas, informing workers they were waiting for a spare part required to resume work on January 4.
That changed and a January 28 return date was given to the employees but two months later, still no progress on that front.
An employee, who wishes to remain anonymous, believes the sawmill has closed and he just wants answers.
"They have failed to notify anybody, we have cars and houses to pay off, they said go on Christmas break and then return on the fourth. But that was three months ago.
"I saw on Facebook that they were selling their main generator, their cars and parts… I think they have gone bust."
Earlier this month, Bondoola Sawmill representative Ron O'Connor told the Bulletin it would not be closing its doors for good. Since then, Mr O'Connor has been unavailable for comment.