Ever set a frozen muffin on fire in a microwave?

EVERYONE has one. Whether they can cook or they barely boil the water for two minute noodles.

Even celebrities such as Matt Moran would have one or two - kitchen horror stories.

For me, I was a teenager who had barely learnt to make spaghetti bolognaise and over cook a steak when I tried cooking a ham steak in a fry pan with oil….

The fact the flames were as high as the exhaust fan wasn't the worst of the drama.

I went knocking on the neighbour's door for help (mother was still at work) and they thought I was screaming at them about a spider…. Fire? Spider?

Luckily, I had enough sense in my teenage mind to turn the stove off before running for help and by the time I got back into the kitchen, with teenage neighbour in tow, the flames were gone.

I'd managed to over 'reheat' spag bol on the stove, along with cook up a concoction that you wouldn't feed to the dog or a pig.

All of this was before we had a microwave.

Recently, one of The Bulletin staff members somehow managed to set a frozen muffin on fire in a microwave. 

The smell entrenched every room in the building and had management, who were in a meeting, worried the building was on fire.

Luckily, there were some fast acting heroes nearby that resolved the issue without losing the microwave in the process.

The same can't be said for the muffin.

The Bulletin readers share their own microwave horror stories on Facebook later that day, most have done one trick I've managed to do - end up with a blacken lump of what was meant to be popcorn.

Others:

Jenny Cooper - The first time I cooked for my husband I burnt garlic bread to the point it wouldn't smash when hit against the bench. He and my family have not let me live it down. Lol.

Rebecca Gallehawk-Domain - I may have managed to explode the last work Microwave we had in Domain. It started sparking and lighting up with fire inside. We safely managed to unplug it before something disastrous happened!

Kayla Ohl - I have nuked a lasagne pretty badly

Amy Shepherd - Lol, yep a container with nothing in it...pregnancy brain.

Lor Stevens - I put some mince in to defrost it, the bar code sticker burnt.

Ryan Mathew Newport - Once reheated a pie for 10mins instead of 1, what a difference an extra zero makes, it was rock hard and black

Rosie Burrows - Maggie 2 minute noodles. Accidently forgot to put the water in lol

Rachel Hunt - My sister fried our microwave when she was little. She wanted her McDonalds and chucked the whole cardboard box in the microwave and pressed buttons and start. Let's just say she isn't going to forget that anytime soon

Chloe Robin - I burnt Pop Tarts in the office microwave last week lol. There was smoke everywhere!

Joyce Phipps - Ex husband tried to heat up some donuts ....they were charcoal in the middle
 



ROCKHAMPTON DECIDES: O'Rourke on the verge of victory

Premium Content ROCKHAMPTON DECIDES: O'Rourke on the verge of victory

Stay up to date with our rolling coverage of the vote count for the seat of...

Voters share thoughts at Frenchville School’s polling booth

Premium Content Voters share thoughts at Frenchville School’s polling booth

Find out what some of North Rockhampton’s residents thought about voting in today’s...

Vehicle ploughs into gazebo manned by CQ election volunteers

Premium Content Vehicle ploughs into gazebo manned by CQ election volunteers

CQ election workers had the fright of their lives after a ute came crashing into...