Family waits for key testimonies in Rachel Antonio inquest
THE father of missing Bowen teenager Rachel Antonio is "very interested" to hear what two key witness have to say when the inquest into her disappearance and suspected death resumes next week.
Robert Hytch and Sidney Pate gave evidence during the first two weeks of the inquest, in July and September last year.
They will be recalled to give evidence when the matter resumes on Monday at 10am at the Bowen Court House.
Rachel was 16 when she went missing on Anzac Day in 1998. Her mother had dropped her at a cinema about 6pm and she has never been seen by her family since.
Mr Hytch, who was almost 10 years older than Rachel, was alleged to have had a secret and sexual relationship with the teen, which he has always denied.
Mr Hytch has twice faced court over her suspected death. He was charged with murder and then found guilty of manslaughter, but that verdict was overturned on appeal. At the second trial in 2001 he was acquitted.
Another key witness, whose own evidence put him in the same place at the same time that Rachel went missing, is Sidney Pate.
He had the lease of the Bowen swimming pool between 1996 and 1998.
The inquest has already been told Mr Pate had closed the pool early on Anzac Day in 1998 so he could go to the cinema to see the same film Rachel had planned to see - Good Will Hunting.
Cinema owner Benito De Luca has said he didn't remember seeing Mr Pate on the night and said only nine people attended the 7pm screening.
Mr Pate denied killing Rachel or seeing her that night.
Rachel's father, Ian Antonio, said the family was "prepared" and "looking forward" to the matter closing next week.
"It's been 17 years," he said. "I just hope that everybody concerned gets the truth."