FAULTY heaters sold in Woolworths, Safeway and Big W stores across the country are being recalled, due to risk of electric shock and fire.
Four portable room heaters were found to have a poor connection on the power plugs' pins, which could dislodge when the plug is removed from the power outlet, risking electric shock and fire.
A Woolworths spokesman said he was not aware of injuries caused by the heaters, which were sold across the country from March 15 to June 17 this year.
Customers have been told to stop using the heaters immediately and return them to their nearest BIG W Store or Woolworths and Safeway supermarkets for a full refund.
A "handful" of customers alerted the company about the faulty heaters, a Woolworths spokesman said.
Read more at Brisbanetimes.com.au