Fiery young rider snatches awards
MOTOCROSS is a tough sport, but Ty Pearce showed no mercy.
The young motocross competitor smashed through the weekend’s Rockhampton and District Motocross Club Awards with two
Pearce picked up the B & M Equipment Services Trophy for 10/13 years and Rockhampton Bike Wreckers Trophy for Mini Lites 9/12 years ahead of Storm Messer in second and Tanisha Messer in third.
The awards had a stampede of young competitors including Storm Messer, who claimed the Southside Caravan Park Trophy 7/10 years ahead of Cody White and Locklan Crouch in third.
Rosemarie Hutton of the motocross club said Ty Pearce glides through competitions quite easily.
“Ty pops up everywhere, he can’t help himself and is very unaffected by all his accomplishments.”
“He does it because he loves it and he is lucky to have parents that support him. He is one capable little rider.”
Blair Pearce was another young gun who placed first in the Rosenberg Motorcycles Trophy Junior Lites.
The awards were held at the Indoor Sports Arena last weekend and mark the end of the season for the young competitors.Winners
- Southside Caravan Park Trophy 7/10 Years: 1st Storm Messer, 2nd Cody White, 3rd Locklan Crouch.
- B & M Equipment Services Trophy 10/13 Years: 1st Ty Pearce.
- R’ton Bike Wreckers Trophy Mini Lites 9/12 Years: 1st Ty Pearce, 2nd Storm Messer, 3rd Tanisha Messer.
- Stenhouse Body Builders Trophy Mini Lites 12-15 Years: 1st Bradley Fogarty, 2nd Sam Thorsen, 3rd Paul King.
- Rosenberg Motorcycles Trophy – Junior Lites: 1st Blair Pearce, 2nd Brody Vivian, 3rd Lee Wakenlin-Gray.