Fillies and frocks on the field at Yeppoon races
THE REGION'S spring racing season was in full bloom at the weekend as Yeppoon Turf Club hosted the Newmarket race day ahead of the race that stops the nation tomorrow.
A black and white Derby Day palette set the scene with Rockhampton's Sara Buchholz taking the under 35s fashion on the field crown.
Judge Carolyn Hewitt, assisted by Yvonne Hassett and Kathy Fishburn, said high fashion was evident across all age groups.
"The judges were impressed with the high standard of fashion and attention to detail in all sections of the competition," she said.
Callaghan Park will host the Ray White Rockhampton City Melbourne Cup race day with gates opening at 10.30am tomorrow.
Fashions on the field winners
- Best Dressed Children - Charlie Bowden and Lily Voss
- Best Dressed Lady 18 to 35 - Sara Buchholz of Rockhampton wearing black and white silk with a magnificent matching fascinator.
- Best Dressed Lady over 35 - Sonia Simpson resplendent in black and white with a matching pillbox.
- Best Dressed Male - Kallan Ashton of Yeppoon wearing a grey Derby-inspired suit with matching tie.
- Hat of the Day - Kylie Welburn of Rockhampton who chose Anaki Couture, Melbourne.