Fire evacuates bowls club

THE North Rockhampton Bowls Club was evacuated just before 1pm today after a fire broke out in a cleaner’s room.

An alarm was activated at 12.55pm and fire crews had managed to put the blaze out by about 1.10pm.

The area was evacuated as a precaution but no-one was reported hurt.

Fire crews then ventilated the area to diminish the risk of smoke inhalation.



Breakfast bliss with musical twist at new cafe

premium_icon Breakfast bliss with musical twist at new cafe

'You order what you want and we'll cook it for you,'

Say 'yes' to the dress in new CQ bridal store

premium_icon Say 'yes' to the dress in new CQ bridal store

Boutique offering an exclusive range of budget-friendly designs

First time offender lands 20 punches and headbutts

premium_icon First time offender lands 20 punches and headbutts

'The aggrieved thought he was trying to choke her'

Local Partners