Fluro light cause of fire in roof of Kawana business

8am: A FIRE in the roof of a Kawana business is believed to have been caused by a fluorescent light in the ceiling.

Reports indicate the fire was extinguished before Queensland Fire and Rescue Service crews arrived at the scene in Power St about 7.30am this morning.

It is believed there are no injuries or serious damage to building which houses Bradnam's Windows and Doors.

7.40am: THE fire in the roof of a building at Kawana has been extinguished. 

7.33am: EMERGENCY services are responding to reports of a building fire in Kawana.

Reports indicate the fire is in Power St in the roof of a building.

It is believed the fire is at Bradnam's Windows and Doors.



Car veers off road in South Rockhampton crash

Premium Content Car veers off road in South Rockhampton crash

A male teen is being assessed by paramedics

100 to travel from ‘Rocky to the Rock’ on Uluru flight

Premium Content 100 to travel from ‘Rocky to the Rock’ on Uluru flight

Six Rockhampton Rotary members will take their baton on board to celebrate their...

Scorned woman drives 100km, kicks over man’s pot plants

Scorned woman drives 100km, kicks over man’s pot plants

A woman frustrated over mixed messages from her former partner she kicked over and...