Fire scare at Rocky home

FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a Farm St home, Rockhampton, last night after a report of smoke coming from the residence.

A Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said they received two 000 calls from neighbours of the property and responded at 8.53pm.

The occupant refused entry to the firefighters initially, but they were then let in and the kitchen fire was extinguished by 8.56pm.

The spokeswoman said the smoke was caused by a pot being left on the stove.



Albanese shrugs off LNP attacks on Labor's CQ coal approach

premium_icon Albanese shrugs off LNP attacks on Labor's CQ coal approach

He explained where the Labor Party sat regarding the coal sector.

Rocky Mum makes special trip to Gladstone just for ALDI

premium_icon Rocky Mum makes special trip to Gladstone just for ALDI

'It is the price, more than anything, and I do love their products'

Seaside city: Ludwig explains major benefits of name change

premium_icon Seaside city: Ludwig explains major benefits of name change

'REBRANDING would offer greater opportunity to grow tourism'

Local Partners