Five ways to cut costs this Christmas
CHANCES are your wallet is about to feel a whole lot lighter as we approach Christmas.
Presents, decorations, food, holidays - it's all expensive stuff.
We've pulled together five ways to cut costs this Christmas:
1. Tell everyone to bring a plate of food to Christmas lunch instead of you copping the whole bill.
2. Make a list and check it twice when it comes to gifts. Work out who you are buying for and how much money you are willing to allocate to each.
3. Give yourself time to gift shop. If you leave it up to the last minute, you may have to splurge on some over-priced gifts if you can't find what you're after, or waste money on things the recipient probably doesn't actually want or need. Next year, plan ahead and take advantage of bargains across the whole year.
4. If you've got a big family, instead of buying gifts for everyone, why not do a Secret Santa gift-swap so everyone only has to purchase one present each.
5. Get your name into our competition where you could win one of six $1000 eftpos cards. Head HERE and type in your details and you'll be in the running.