Flood relief still available

DEPUTY Premier Paul Lucas has urged all Queenslanders whose homes were destroyed or sustained structural damage by floodwater to apply for funding from the Premier’s Disaster Relief Fund.

Mr Lucas said thousands of Queenslanders had sustained damage to their homes and the fund had so far paid out more than $66 million.

But many thousands of flood victims were yet to apply to the fund, which has raised more than $255 million.

“Round two of the fund offers up to $100,000 to those people whose homes were completely destroyed,” he said.

The application forms are available for download from www.qld.gov.au/floods, and local outlets including the Department of Communities and QGAP offices.

Applications will remain open until June 30.



Labor's looking to take CQ tourism to the next level

premium_icon Labor's looking to take CQ tourism to the next level

Anthony Albanese hosted a round table discussion on the Cap Coast.

IT entrepreneur embraces the future of a 're-imagined' Rocky

premium_icon IT entrepreneur embraces the future of a 're-imagined' Rocky

Just 5 years ago Bevan Slattery worried Rocky was in a death spiral

Mining giant and council find solution for cracked CQ road

premium_icon Mining giant and council find solution for cracked CQ road

NEW plans underway almost 12 months since mine blast cracked road

Local Partners