Fuse box fire sparks alarm

A FUSE box fire caused alarm at a Bouldercombe residence today.

Constable Mick Wilshire of Gracemere police said the occupants of the Gumtree Avenue home reported they heard crackling all night and called the electrician to come this morning.

He said the electrician removed the fuse box and a fire started between the plasterboard and a brick wall.

Rockhampton Fire and Rescue said the fire was caused by a perished cable within the wall cavity

Three fire brigade units from Rockhampton and Mount Morgan attended the scene and put out the small fire about 9.15am.

There was no damage to the home.

A small hole was cut into the wall to ensure the fire had been extinguished.

Four people were taken to Rockhampton Hospital for check-ups.



Anzac gunfire captured in stunning photograph

Anzac gunfire captured in stunning photograph

'The most amazing Anzac image that has ever been taken in Australia'

CQ community hero lives on in park naming

premium_icon CQ community hero lives on in park naming

'It didn't matter what time...if they got a call... he was there'

'Mayhem on the water' as boaties dodge craft in tight area

premium_icon 'Mayhem on the water' as boaties dodge craft in tight area

Extra car parks no solution to Yeppoon ramp congestion

Local Partners