Police, QFES and paramedics were called to a reported gas bottle explosion at Agnes Water. FILE PHOTO.
Police, QFES and paramedics were called to a reported gas bottle explosion at Agnes Water. FILE PHOTO.

Gas bottle explosion ignites Agnes Water garage

FIRE FIGHTERS extinguished an Agnes Water garage after a gas bottle explosion this afternoon.

A Queensland Police spokeswoman said officers were alerted to a gas bottle explosion at Masthead Drive at 4.15pm.

A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said three crews arrived at the scene at 4.35pm and found a fire in a six-by-six metre shed.

"When they arrived they said it was a double-car garage that was alight," the spokeswoman said.

"They reported there were solar panels on the roof.

"Fire fighters extinguished the fire with hoses."

A Queensland Ambulance spokeswoman said paramedics responded to the incident.

"Paramedics attended the scene and were not required to transport any patients," the spokeswoman said.



Man breached DV by attending victim’s workplace

Premium Content Man breached DV by attending victim’s workplace

A domestic violence offender breached a no contact condition of a court order...

Trip to get jumper back lands big sister in trouble

Premium Content Trip to get jumper back lands big sister in trouble

A young mother who went along for a ride when her younger sister picked up a jumper...

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Dry version of Snowy 2 won’t work

Premium Content LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Dry version of Snowy 2 won’t work

Harry Bruce’s cartoon of the day and readers have their say on current events.