Gas fumes force shopping precinct evacuation

BREAKING: Fire crews and paramedics are on the scene of a suspected gas leak at a Sunshine Coast shopping precinct.

Emergency crews were called to the shopping village on the corner of Scholars Dr and University Way.

The gas leak was reported near the Raj Indian restaurant.

The area has been evacuated and two fire crews are checking the gas cylinders on site.

Paramedics reported there was nobody on site requiring treatment, but will remain at the scene as firefighters search for the source of the leak.



Residents fear for CQ town's future after bank closures

premium_icon Residents fear for CQ town's future after bank closures

Banks leaving town and a damaged road make for tough times

96yo surrenders licence after freak crash pins mum

premium_icon 96yo surrenders licence after freak crash pins mum

Crash leads to elderly driver facing a magistrate

REVEALED: Inside look at Rocky's top-10 most expensive homes

premium_icon REVEALED: Inside look at Rocky's top-10 most expensive homes

MILLION-dollar homes from the most prestigious suburbs

Local Partners