A MAN in his 60s has been transferred to Bundaberg Base Hospital.
A MAN in his 60s has been transferred to Bundaberg Base Hospital. Cade Mooney

Gracemere toddler who ingested pills in a stable condition

UPDATE 12.20PM: A TWO-YEAR-OLD Gracemere boy who ingested a "dangerous" amount of pain killers yesterday afternoon is today in a stable condition in Rockhampton Hospital.

A Rockhampton ambulance spokesman said the boy was transported in a stable condition.

The spokesman said anyone who ingested a "dangerous" amount of pain killers like panadol, would find the results could be fatal.

However that depended on how early medical intervention was; because pain killers like panadol took a while to absorb into the system.

UPDATE 6.30PM: A Rockhampton Ambulance spokesman could not provide any further details about a toddler who reportedly ingested an unknown amount of pain killers.

The spokesman cited crews were busy tending to calls this evening.

EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON: Emergency services are rushing to a Gracemere residence following reports a toddler has ingested a dangerous amount of pain killers. 

Initial reports suggest the two-year-old has consumed half a bottle of Nurofen pain relief. 

More updates to come. 



Councillor steps up to Anglo and fights for her community

Councillor steps up to Anglo and fights for her community

Mining giant holds meeting to update Moura residents on Gibihi Rd

Shark Tank judge coming to Rocky this May

Shark Tank judge coming to Rocky this May

Entries for Beef Australia's Shark Tank, Pitch in the Paddock open

CQ storm mania: Stakes in walls, uprooted trees and floods

CQ storm mania: Stakes in walls, uprooted trees and floods

Bureau of Meteorology warns wild conditions aren't over just yet

Local Partners