Gracemere toddler who ingested pills in a stable condition
UPDATE 12.20PM: A TWO-YEAR-OLD Gracemere boy who ingested a "dangerous" amount of pain killers yesterday afternoon is today in a stable condition in Rockhampton Hospital.
A Rockhampton ambulance spokesman said the boy was transported in a stable condition.
The spokesman said anyone who ingested a "dangerous" amount of pain killers like panadol, would find the results could be fatal.
However that depended on how early medical intervention was; because pain killers like panadol took a while to absorb into the system.
UPDATE 6.30PM: A Rockhampton Ambulance spokesman could not provide any further details about a toddler who reportedly ingested an unknown amount of pain killers.
The spokesman cited crews were busy tending to calls this evening.
EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON: Emergency services are rushing to a Gracemere residence following reports a toddler has ingested a dangerous amount of pain killers.
Initial reports suggest the two-year-old has consumed half a bottle of Nurofen pain relief.
More updates to come.