Hammer wielding woman charged for allegedly smashing up car
A WOMAN has been arrested after charging towards a car at Maroochydore, while wielding a hammer.
The 36-year-old has been charged with wilful damage after allegedly smashing a parked car on Bradman Ave late on Sunday night.
Police could not detail the events leading up to the attack, but confirmed only one car had been severely damaged.
The woman allegedly smashed the windscreen, side windows and tail lights in her destructive spree.
A Maroochydore Police spokesman said bystanders detained the woman before officers arrived.
Queensland Ambulance Service also attended and treated cuts to the woman's hands.
Police took the woman to the Maroochydore watch house for further questioning. The woman is due to appear in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court on October 16.
TOP STORIES TODAY
- Religious leader calls for apology to Muslims after rally
- Taxi cab driver struck six times in hammer attack
- Researcher pushes for more 'girl-friendly' video games
- Our love affair with travel still strong despite warnings
- Police say seatbelts were not a factor in fatal crash
- Bum deal as police find large cash stash in driver