UPDATE: Mother of two Nikki Cooper has lost everything, from memories and football trophies to clothes and is now relying on the generosity of friends after a fire gutted her Utah St, Aroona home this morning.
Ms Cooper and her boys, 13 and 6, had been living at the home for only 12 months.
Smoke alarms woke them up at about 7.30am and she said survival mode kicked in as she "saw orange".
She got her boys and their 14-year-old friend out of the house and rescued her dog which was tied up at the rear of the house where the fire broke out.
"I've lost everything," she said.
"My 13-year-old's a wreck.
"Everyone's okay, that's all that matters."
She said they'd be staying with friends for now as they try to piece their lives back together.
Property owner Gino Sutton raced over from his Landsborough home when he got the call from neighbours that the home was ablaze.
Mr Sutton has owned the property for 11 years and rented it out for about 3.5 years.
He said the house had received extensive water and smoke damage after the fire was believed to have started on a wooden deck at the back of the house.
"The whole back of the house is gone," he said.
"I'm just glad I've got insurance on it."
He was disappointed as he'd only recently installed a new, $7500 bathroom in the house.
"It's still pretty bad," he said.
Mr Sutton said he would be waiting at least three days until he was cleared to go in and assess the level of damage.
He was concerned about where his tenants would stay in the meantime after the devastating blaze.
BREAKING: Fire has caused severe damage on a Sunshine Coast home, after the blaze broke out this morning at a suburban property.
Four fire crews were called to the house fire on Utah St, Aroona, about 7.40am after reports of a fire at the back of the property.
But by the time firefighters arrived, the house was "well-involved" in flames, with the fire spreading to the ceiling of the single-storey brick home.
Firefighters geared up with breathing apparatus to bring the fire under control by 8am.
Crews extinguished the fire at ground level by 8.15am and doused the fire in the ceiling by 8.30am.
Fire crews remain on the scene.
More to come.