FIRE CALL-OUT: Two fire crews swung into action to extinguish a fire burning in the ceiling of a Lammermoor property last night.
FIRE CALL-OUT: Two fire crews swung into action to extinguish a fire burning in the ceiling of a Lammermoor property last night.

Heater blamed for fire in ceiling of Capricorn Coast house

FIRE crews and paramedics were called to the scene of a house fire on the Capricorn Coast on Friday night.

A QFES spokesperson said the fire was reported at Waterview Drive, Lammermoor at 8.40pm.

Two fire crews arrived at the scene to find all of the occupants of the property had safely escaped.

A small roof fire was detected, which was quickly contained and extinguished before the house was ventilated.

Paramedics were on standby but no one required QAS assistance.

QFES believed the fire had originated from a faulty heat lamp in the ceiling of the property’s bathroom.



Almost 600 jobs available across CQ

premium_icon Almost 600 jobs available across CQ

Region looks to be rebounding after COVID-19 economic downturn.

Canavan says key CQ link is out of tune

premium_icon Canavan says key CQ link is out of tune

‘If you’ve got a piano on the back of your truck, you’re going to need to retune it...

A weekend meeting between two trailblazing women

premium_icon A weekend meeting between two trailblazing women

Malia is on a mission to know why every time she visits a park, she only sees...