Heavy rainfall, flash-flooding cuts off Central Queensland roads
UPDATE WEDNESDAY, 9.30AM:
Rockhampton regional council has issued a list of roads that have closed throughout the region.
Glenroy Rd in Morinish is closed to all vehicles at the Fitzroy River.
Riverslea Rd is also closed at Gogango at the Fitzroy River.
Roads which are open but have water over the road are as follows:
- Fairybower Rd in Gracemere at Scrubby Creek
- Alton Downs - Nine Mile at Nine Mile near the intersection of Alton Downs-Nine Mile and Nine Mile Rd
- Middle Rd at Gracemere, signs have been erected
- Capricorn St at Gracemere, signs have been erected
-Farm St at Park Avenue at the intersection of Haynes St
Pilbeam Drive on Frenchville Rd is open but motorists are advised small rocks have fallen on sections of the road.
UPDATE TUESDAY, 7.20AM:
Flash flooding has inundated the Bruce Hwy at Miriam Vale near Lavender Rd to House Creek; Calliope near Ginger Beer Creek Culvert and in the vicinity of Brendonna Rd; and Lowmead at the Kolan River.
Some nearby roads off the Bruce Hwy are also closed to all traffic due to flash flooding, according to the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
The Dawson Hwy at Mount Alma is closed to all traffic around Sheep Station Creek Bridge, with water over the road on a side track.
Flash flooding is also affecting a number of local roads across the Central Highlands, Rockhampton and Gladstone regions.
Blackwater Rolleston Rd is restricted to high-clearance vehicles in all directions due to flash flooding.
INITIAL REPORT: ROADS are already flooded under as heavy rainfall tracks north up Queensland.
The Bedford Weir Rd, between Blackwater and Middlemount, is closed in all directions to all traffic with 160mm over flowing "hard".
The Department of Transport and Main Roads flagged the road at 5.48am yesterday, with the next inspection due to day.
Several roads across the Gladstone region are also closed due to flooding as a severe weather warning remains current from Rockhampton southwards.
No roads are reported closed due to weather in the Rockhampton region at this time.
A flood warning is also in place for coastal catchments including Calliope River, Boyne River and Baffle Creek.
A list of Central Queensland road closures will be updated through the day as information becomes available.
The SES Swiftwater rescue crews are attempting to reach a person trapped on the roof of their vehicle on Fingerboard Rd at Mount Tom.
The following roads are closed as of 9.40AM:
- Bedford Weir Rd (Central Highlands)
- Kokotungo Don River Rd (Banana Shire)
- Hills Rd at Baffle Ck - water levels rising
- Fingerboard Rd at Miriam Vale - water over the road
- Gorge Rd, Baffle Ck Bridge - water 3m over and rising fast
- Cnr Gorge Rd, Fingerboard Rd at Taunton - water over the road
- Turkey Beach Road at 12 Mile Creek - water over the road
- Lowmead Rd, Lowmear - closed north and south, water over the road
- Blackmans Gap Rd at Miriam Vale
- Round Hill Rd at Oyster Ck, Captain Creek